Where are the X-Men Lego?

nolanfan34

is this the closest to an ice man we will get http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-super-heroes-2014-minifigures-on-ebay/

with Storm coming out his year and no news of others it seems like it will be at least 10 years until we get the x-team

I am going to keep pretending that it's ice man. Hell when I first saw it I thought spiderman was fighting ice man and I couldn't figure out why...

I hate to say this, but I'm guessing that the Sentinel is probably gonna look about like what is pictured.  Think of the amount of pieces and detail that would have to go into making a good Sentinel.  I think the limitations of the size and piece count of the set will keep the Sentinel from being great.  There would almost have to be a UCS Sentinel for it to be done right.  Or at least a set where the Sentinel is the main focus and not just one of many elements present.

• 4 weeks later...

The x-men set is going to retail for $50 right?  If so that is not a good price either.  Only 4 figs and 336 pieces.  Maybe if one of the figs was a maxi but 4 standard size figs :hmm:

Yes it is. And I know I'll be waiting for a steep discount before picking this set up for myself

Those minifigures appear like 'classic' X-Men attire which may be the only good thing going for the set, and "The Sentinel" is funky in design and retarded in name. There is supposed to be an army of those suckers yet they call this one 'The' Sentinel. I guess Lego wanted to make it feel all special and stuff. I honestly cannot see this actually retailing for $50. Perhaps $40 but no way at $50.

Wow. I wish they had made the set at least as big as the Quinjet in scale, since they are supposed to be about the same size in the comics. This blackbird just looks...lazy? Definitely not up to par with the other marvel sets I've seen, which is disappointing because I've been looking forward to this one the most. There are some indications that there might be another Marvel LEGO exclusive, so hopefully there will be something better to make up for this.

On the other hand, I'm glad that they stuck to the classic costume designs as opposed to those of the movie. Minifigs look great, though the Sentinel looks lazy as well.

The sentinel is rubbish. I like the jet but it is too small. The figures as always stand out

Didn't you just say something the other day about a handful of recent set builds seeming like a poor excuse to include another character? The jet is alright but not quite the signature Blackbird from the comics.

I'm glad that they stuck to the classic costume designs as opposed to those of the movie. Minifigs look great, though the Sentinel looks lazy as well.

I agree. Classic look is way better than the film versions. Hopefully things will progress and we will see the likes of Beast, Gambit, Jean Grey, Professor X, among others in the same manner. Honestly, anything as an excuse to play this tune a lot. ;)

• Like 1

Didn't you just say something the other day about a handful of recent set builds seeming like a poor excuse to include another character? The jet is alright but not quite the signature Blackbird from the comics.

Yep. Was more talking Spider-Man and latest Batman, but this is another example. The jet looks to be about the same size as the one in the Hulk set. I am happy to buy for the minifigs, but they do need to put some effort in. My 6 year old could make a better Sentinel. In fact, I showed him this one this morning, and he asked why it wasn't the same as the one from the Lego Marvel game. He hit the nail on the head. Whilst that was an elnarged minifigure, they could have put some effort in to make it look less than an enlarged $3 Transformer