Architecture or Modular Buildings?

awesomejim123

I'm not looking to invest, just for a fun, interesting, and relatively long build, with a really nice looking and satisfying end product. Do you think I should go with Architecture or one of the Modular Buildings? Specifically, I'm torn between Palace Cinema or Imperial Hotel. Thanks!

I like building the modular buildings. I built my first one today, and I had a blast. It was a relatively long build and it was fun.

I personally lean towards the Architecture series, plus it's more affordable, but I can totally see the attraction to the modular series.  Either or - if you're like me and love having everything in a series - you had better hurry on Architecture.  I never ended up collecting Modular since I was late coming in and missed some pivotal ones like the Green Grocer.  Both are amazing - so I suppose bottom line is you can't go wrong with either!

Some of the Architecture sets are nicely detailed builds perfect for your desktop while on the other hand the modular houses are simply more fun all around. I built the Haunted House which for me was the closest thing to building a modular and it was awesome. I'm never taking that one down ever unless I figure out a way of modularizing it to start my own cityscape.

Definitely Modular...Not even close for me, I find the Arch sets to be a very underwhelming build. In fact I don't build them anymore(I've built two). I'm not young either, I'm older and just can't see the appeal for those sets? But hey thats just me. I do have a few unopened 21216's Sungnyemun for investments that I got cheap.

As far as the fun factor building, hands down the modulars. I also think they make great display pieces as well. People/friends who aren't familiar or up to date with LEGO are amazed at the advancements, detail or just the look compared to what they remember from their childhood. I never got that response from any Arch. set I had displayed. I've had two friends after seeing some of my Modulars displayed make a purchase...And all that have seen them say "Wow" and want to look inside the little kid comes out in nearly everyone its great to see the response.

Just a side note if you go with the modulars you might want to start with the GE(Grand Emporium). It should be the next to retire and you should have plenty of time on the Palace Cinema.

Of course this is just one mans opinion!

Which ever one you decide have fun  :thumbsup: