10030 - UCS: Imperial Star Destroyer (2002)

Danny

I`m not a fan of glue on Lego either. Only in some special cases perhaps. I`d pass, save the money and maybe you can find a deal on a sealed one instead (double VIP points are coming soon after all). Even if you wanted it for your collection, $300 seems far too high if glued. You`ll likely have trouble selling it if you change your mind down the round, being as it would be in one piece. 

That's a big piece of plastic to store.  I glued a wheel on a robot I was building, and the glue totally destroys the bricks.  They turned all white and melted where the glue came through.  And if you get glue even near a clear piece, it makes it translucent. Unless I'm using my bricks for a car or robot project that will only be that one thing and I need some real stability, I would never put glue on a brick, display or not.  

I`m not a fan of glue on Lego either. Only in some special cases perhaps. I`d pass, save the money and maybe you can find a deal on a sealed one instead (double VIP points are coming soon after all). Even if you wanted it for your collection, $300 seems far too high if glued. You`ll likely have trouble selling it if you change your mind down the round, being as it would be in one piece. 

I'm not referring to ssd, referring to the discontinued isd, wish I could still pick up a sealed one and get double VIPs for it

I recently put this set together and it is a pain in the rear to move, so I could see why someone not thinking about its investment value might glue it.

I'd buy it at $200 just as a display piece. It is very very awesome to look at - anyone who sees it is in awe of its might and glory!

Guest TabbyBoy

If it's glued, I'd be suspicious of it containing hidden Mega Bloks or K'nex bricks for example which are vastly inferior to Lego.  I'd definitely pass on it.

• 2 months later...

To me, If I were building it I would watch for a good deal on a used one.

As far as this deal, you will be able to flip it later on for $1200-$1300. But after fees and shipping, using Ebay as an example, you are looking at losing $170ish of your profit.

So it comes down to this:

Worth it for you to tie up $800 to maybe make $250-$300 in 3-4 months when the price is back up?

Can you sell it locally? If you have the market, this is the best choice. You might be able to flip it for $1100 in a couple weeks with no fees.

• 2 months later...

Have them send pics with your user name and today's date to prove they even have them

Will probably be my next move. Thank you.

From my experiences, when something is too good to be true, it usually is. But for this deal, the seller wants to meet with the buyer. That is very strange. Do you know if the sets are complete?

They are advertised as complete and they provide pictures for box and instruction manuals for each set. I have even reverse image searched them and google can't find them which means they are original pictures.

They are advertised as complete and they provide pictures for box and instruction manuals for each set. I have even reverse image searched them and google can't find them which means they are original pictures.

That is good. I would proceed and maybe set up a meeting place. If the deal isn't real, all you lose is a little bit of your time.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 10030 - UCS: Imperial Star Destroyer (2002)