Wal-Mart Winter Clearance 2013

Dbroncoboy

Guest eightbrick

This is why I prefer the US <and Canada as well>. No rocket launchers needed to be able to leave home with some peace of mind lol, the rest is just a Bonus!

Hahaha, that's true. Weird how we got talking about this. You know Walmart clearance is dry this year when...

At my 5th Walmart. Lady in toys indicated that toy clearance will be in February when everything gets reset.

This will keep us busy.  I'm sure they'll clearance clear up to February, so each store will do it differently.  I'm still hoping for some nationwide price cuts at Wal-Mart sometime in the next week.

Ya I went to 2 walmarts and there was no clearances items. I called up 6 other walmart and it was the same thing. I called up one walmart and the manager said that they don't clearance lego because they move off the shelves quickly. Which is totally not true because I just bought a bunch this summer and last month for 30-40% off. I think they will clearance soon, just not right away like last year.

Guest eightbrick

Don't need one here either.   Crime is lower than it's been since the 70's just so you know...

IMO it's not really crime as a whole as much as specifically gun-related deaths/injuries (accidents, suicides, homicide). We get about 2 deaths a year per 100,000 from guns while America gets 10. Yes, guns in the hand of a good person on the street does make it safer (bar accidents), but I'm just not a fan of the gun laws in the US after things like Sandy Hook, the Dark Knight shooting, etc. It's the big ticket tragedies like that that formed the gun stereotyping of Americans (I wasn't being entirely serious with my earlier comment). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying America is bad or scary, it's a beautiful country and 99.9999% of people are law abiding, helpful, and nice (plus the Lego is cheaper :) ), but I just question making assault rifles and massive ammo clips available to pretty much anyone who can pass a simple background check. Many people around me don't feel the need to lock their door at night. It's all a matter of how safe you feel, and personally the less guns around the safer I feel.

I don't like to dwell on this topic much because it is pretty depressing, so can we get back to talking about Walmart Clearance? :)

You think its different than in other years? The number of gift cards sold?

I would imagine there has been a steady increase in the amount sold year after year.  I guess these retailers are figuring out that discounting LEGO sets is foolish when people are coming to their stores regardless.  Who knows what kind of discounts LEGO is giving Walmart or other retailers?  Maybe current stock is too new to sell cheap.  Maybe that whole Walmart price fiasco several months back removed all the possible clearance items from inventory.  It seems like Cyber Monday was the biggest discount day we've seen and probably will see for quite awhile.  

I have never seen discounts at Walmarts here in NJ like others do from other parts of the country.  Maybe lack of LEGO sales is the new trend...

I would imagine there has been a steady increase in the amount sold year after year.  I guess these retailers are figuring out that discounting LEGO sets is foolish when people are coming to their stores regardless.  Who knows what kind of discounts LEGO is giving Walmart or other retailers?  Maybe current stock is too new to sell cheap.  Maybe that whole Walmart price fiasco several months back removed all the possible clearance items from inventory.  It seems like Cyber Monday was the biggest discount day we've seen and probably will see for quite awhile.  

I have never seen discounts at Walmarts here in NJ like others do from other parts of the country.  Maybe lack of LEGO sales is the new trend...

I do see that - always wondered why they clearance Lego stuff at all - except for the stuff that really doesn't sell.

No walmarts had anything, but Target clearanced Galaxy, old star wars, and lone ranger. Unfortunately just 15%

IMO it's not really crime as a whole as much as specifically gun-related deaths/injuries (accidents, suicides, homicide). We get about 2 deaths a year per 100,000 from guns while America gets 10. Yes, guns in the hand of a good person on the street does make it safer (bar accidents), but I'm just not a fan of the gun laws in the US after things like Sandy Hook, the Dark Knight shooting, etc. It's the big ticket tragedies like that that formed the gun stereotyping of Americans (I wasn't being entirely serious with my earlier comment). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying America is bad or scary, it's a beautiful country and 99.9999% of people are law abiding, helpful, and nice (plus the Lego is cheaper :) ), but I just question making assault rifles and massive ammo clips available to pretty much anyone who can pass a simple background check. Many people around me don't feel the need to lock their door at night. It's all a matter of how safe you feel, and personally the less guns around the safer I feel.

I don't like to dwell on this topic much because it is pretty depressing, so can we get back to talking about Walmart Clearance? :)

Just wait til a criminal gets his hands on a gun in Canada .. nobody has a gun to protect against him .. guy with the gun could go on a rampage and rob everyone and nobody to stop him.

If guns were too hard to get a hold off .. there are other ways to kill people .. probably would be more effective than using a gun anyways because most people cant shoot worth s**t. Guy with a gun will kill less people than a crazy guy who makes a homemade bomb .. there will always be ways to kill people if a crazy guy decides he wants to ( banning guns, isnt gonig to make a nutcase say damn no guns .. ok I guess no killing people).

3 Walmart - nothing at all

2 Kmart - nothing at all

3 Target - Lego clearance sales has started, but not much yet...   Got Jabba Palace - $81, City Cement Mixer - $13, 2 x Fire Helicopter 60010 - $18 each, and TLR Colby City Showdown - $35.   Not the best price I've seen but better than nothing since Lego aisles are drying up.

Other Lego clearance I saw at Target include Pirate Ship Ambush for $68, Sith Fury for $62, and Tie-Fighter for $44, but I didn't get any of those.

Guest eightbrick

Just wait til a criminal gets his hands on a gun in Canada .. nobody has a gun to protect against him .. guy with the gun could go on a rampage and rob everyone and nobody to stop him.

If guns were too hard to get a hold off .. there are other ways to kill people .. probably would be more effective than using a gun anyways because most people cant shoot worth s**t. Guy with a gun will kill less people than a crazy guy who makes a homemade bomb .. there will always be ways to kill people if a crazy guy decides he wants to ( banning guns, isnt gonig to make a nutcase say damn no guns .. ok I guess no killing people).

Okay, I'll take the bait. About 70% off US murders make use of firearms while 30% off Canadian murders use firearms. The US' murder rate is far higher per capita. Opinions can differ, but statistics don't lie. And it's not like no one has guns and we're completely unready for a murderous maniac - the police do, and that's where you want the guns (and yes, a sizable chunk -albeit a far smaller percentage than the US - of Canadians do have guns something around 15% of households own guns). If ordinary people can shoot for **** as you say, then what is the point exactly? I do recall a case here where an idiot security guard shot 3 people (2 died) and got away with a couple hundred Ks before being caught at the US border, but that is probably the most recent high profile gun murder in my area - and that was last year's summer. You can even see the difference in the news broadcasts. I remember watching this clip just a couple days ago, actually (somewhat relevant to our irrelevant conversation):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_eiheSAYg

I don't think this thread was intended for discussing gun rights or lack there of....

It's a strongly opinionated issue and deserves its own thread if its going to be discussed on the board IMO. I have plenty of my own input to add, but don't think derailing this thread is the proper way to do it. 

Cars and knife are more widely used weapons than gun on attempt murders. Let's take those off everyone's hands too and let the states drive and cook for us. Not happening. Back to the thread, are the investors making a killing or the gas stations?

It depends. Some investors struck out today, and then some struck gold.

Okay, I'll take the bait. About 70% off US murders make use of firearms while 30% off Canadian murders use firearms. The US' murder rate is far higher per capita. Opinions can differ, but statistics don't lie. And it's not like no one has guns and we're completely unready for a murderous maniac - the police do, and that's where you want the guns (and yes, a sizable chunk -albeit a far smaller percentage than the US - of Canadians do have guns something around 15% of households own guns). If ordinary people can shoot for **** as you say, then what is the point exactly? I do recall a case here where an idiot security guard shot 3 people (2 died) and got away with a couple hundred Ks before being caught at the US border, but that is probably the most recent high profile gun murder in my area - and that was last year's summer. You can even see the difference in the news broadcasts. I remember watching this clip just a couple days ago, actually (somewhat relevant to our irrelevant conversation):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_eiheSAYg

lol I def. would not leave my doors unlocked and I live in a nice area .. america to full of crazies and I rather have my gun to carry around just in case someone tries to harm me or loved ones. But I do agree with you to many crazy criminals in america.