monster hunters becoming extinct?

A post in one of the threads (can't find which one) stated that the monster hunters theme will soon be gone.....I was wondering if whoever said that can tell me where they found this info....very intriguing to me!

I don't know what thread it was, but I can tell you that the theme doesn't have enough material to work with to continue for more than a year, maybe two...tops. What other monsters can they release without getting into "licensed" monsters? Cute theme. Great Haunted House. Time to move on.

I said in one my 'update' posts for the "Sets of 2013" thread that the DINO and MONSTER FIGHTERS themes were being discontinued by or before next year. I found this tidbit among some info for next year on Brickipedia. How true it actually is is anyones guess, I'm just reporting what I found.

Personally, I believe its true. And I think it's funny the title of this thread is "monsters hunters becoming extinct" simply because of, well, look at the names of both themes that are "becoming extinct".

I also came up with some ideas for possible sets that could work with the MONSTER FIGHTERS line.

Here's a quick link to that post.

Yeah, that thread quickly went on tangent and we started talking about a Roman theme, which I still contend would be awesome. Brickipedia has been showing for sometime now that Monster Fighters was a one and done, which doesn't surprise me. The only good villain we could come up with was Medusa, and she would be more mythology than monster. I still need to pick up a couple Haunted Houses, I have a feeling that they will be gone sooner rather than later, I don't see a 2 year shelf life on them, too niche to hang around long.

I don't know what thread it was, but I can tell you that the theme doesn't have enough material to work with to continue for more than a year, maybe two...tops. What other monsters can they release without getting into "licensed" monsters? Cute theme. Great Haunted House. Time to move on.I wonder why TLG would pick a theme with such a limited amount of options?? Better for us I guess

I don't know what thread it was, but I can tell you that the theme doesn't have enough material to work with to continue for more than a year, maybe two...tops. What other monsters can they release without getting into "licensed" monsters? Cute theme. Great Haunted House. Time to move on.I wonder why TLG would pick a theme with such a limited amount of options?? Better for us I guess

Yeah doesn't make much sense why they would release something so limited, but like you said Stephen definitely better for us investors. I wouldn't mind if they stopped the whole Monster Fighters theme but continued to release a different HH every couple years, or some sort of Haunted modular building. An entire ghost/monster/zombie town would look sweet! At the same time I am aware that a bunch of $150+ Monster Fighters sets are highly unlikely :(

It may seem rather off to create a whole theme around Halloween, but LEGO has released various smaller 'seasonal' sets throughout the years and those have done well. Not exceptional, just good.

Another way of looking at the overall feel of the series is that it is very 'B-Movie Horror film' esque.

So the theme is and isn't limited to just Halloween.

(Who waits till Halloween just to watch a good classic horror film?)

With the Caesar figure in Series 9 of the MINIFIGURES, that will make four characters (five if you include The Sea King, six with the upcoming Mermaid) in the line that are Greek/Roman themed.

So LEGO doing an actual Greek/Roman theme may not be too far off in the future!

I like your idea about a ghost town set, Rich B! Would be very interesting.

On a side note, how was everyones Halloween?

I wouldn't mind if they stopped the whole Monster Fighters theme but continued to release a different HH every couple years, or some sort of Haunted modular building. An entire ghost/monster/zombie town would look sweet!

Heck yeah, a whole modular haunted street would be awesome! And I have a pretty good hunch there would be enough interest in that to make it feasible for a while.

God alMIGHTY. 10228 was the one set from this year I reeeeeealy wanted for myself so I safely relegated it to next year's list. Crap and double crap. Do you know what it takes to rethink THE LIST?!?! But seriously. Crap. No seriously, a 2000+ part set with a shelf life of 4-6 months? I dunno.

I think LEGO should start doing more "themed" collections, like a Collectible Minifigures Series 13, Zombies version. You could have 16 different zombie characters that would work well with the Monster Fighters theme.

I'm sure we'll get more kinds of those minifigure combo-packs, like the Halloween Accessory Set or Rock Band, but dedicating a whole MINIFIGURES series to just one theme? No, LEGO will spread their choices of characters throughout the entire lifecycle of the MINIFIGURES line. That way there will always be something for anyone.

Besides, wouldn't sixteen zombies end up looking the same? And could anyone here come up with that many different designs of the same thing? As of right now there are a total of five different zombies LEGO has done, and two of those are essentially the same, just with a different colored suit.

It would have been neat if LEGO did a Zombie Pack the same way they do the Battle Packs for STAR WARS.

(Or atleast didn't just stick the Zombie Driver in practically every MONSTER FIGHTERS set.)