How much LEGO did you sell this Christmas?

darin

thx, and roughly 10k

no, legos is a side thing. thx for the warning about losing all the money..I'm well aware of that lol After weighing the risks to reward, its well worth the risk, IMO.  Chris dominated the whole fight, incase nobody noticed. Nothing's gonna change this fight, except I know it will be a little tougher. Chris is #1 wrestler in all of ufc...which goes a very long way

I drove down 4 hrs to Reno NV to do my betting.  I'm gonna do a bunch of  3k bets with my friends help.

Ok, I just watched the last fight and I gotta ask...not knowing anything about UFC, it looks like Silva just taunted him the whole time (when he wasn't on the mat) and didn't take him serious at all. Why such confidence ($35k worth) in Weidman if Silva goes into this rematch with the correct level of respect for his opponent and doesn't hold anything back right from the beginning?

Ok, I just watched the last fight and I gotta ask...not knowing anything about UFC, it looks like Silva just taunted him the whole time (when he wasn't on the mat) and didn't take him serious at all. Why such confidence ($35k worth) in Weidman if Silva goes into this rematch with the correct level of respect for his opponent and doesn't hold anything back right from the beginning?

Silva started most of his taunting, after he got up from being taken Chris for half of the round. Part of the reason he taunting got so excessive, was because he was trying to coax Chris into a standup fight, where he stands a better chance...he sure as hell didn't want to get taken down again. Anyways, we'll see what happens in a few hrs.

Here are some of my tickets so far.  I still have 15k more to bet.  The line is dropping to +120 now.  I'm still going to bet everything on Chris. lol

post-388-0-40265900-1388275972_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just remember Darin, vegas was built on people who try to capture lightning one too many times. You have done it twice, best to walk away up and invest that money wisely.

100% agree. Id say he'd be 1 in 100 if he could pull himself away without betting a good amount of it. You've grabbed a large amount of cash that you could really turn into something. 

Silva started most of his taunting, after he got up from being taken Chris for half of the round. Part of the reason he taunting got so excessive, was because he was trying to coax Chris into a standup fight, where he stands a better chance...he sure as hell didn't want to get taken down again. Anyways, we'll see what happens in a few hrs.

Here are some of my tickets so far.  I still have 15k more to bet.  The line is dropping to +120 now.  I'm still going to bet everything on Chris. lol

Congrats.  Just out of curiosity, I know 3,388 a ticket is probably for good luck.  I play the pony once in a while and don't claim such big numbers. Wouldn't it make sense to make smaller tickets across different sports-books?  Unless you pick up a ton of tickets to offset your losses.

Congrats.  Just out of curiosity, I know 3,388 a ticket is probably for good luck.  I play the pony once in a while and don't claim such big numbers. Wouldn't it make sense to make smaller tickets across different sports-books?  Unless you pick up a ton of tickets to offset your losses.

Thx everyone!! =))) I had to divide up my 30k to 10 small bet, so that the payout on each ticket is under 10k.  I won over 40k...NO TAXES! lol

some of my cash outs...still gotta cash out tons more tickets tmrw. 

I also won some pretty nice paylays. here's a ticket I won: 5 fight parlay 100 to win over 1700, and I hit it!

I'm not stupid, and wont be losing this money back. I'm gonna put about 70% of it into legos.

post-388-0-30441700-1388301706_thumb.jpg

post-388-0-06594800-1388301866_thumb.jpg

post-388-0-55141800-1388302060_thumb.jpg

To be honest, this thread has morphed into something that really has nothing to do with LEGO or LEGO investing.  If you want to discuss gambling and UFC fighting, please do it somewhere else.  Also...it's LEGO or LEGO bricks...not legoes/legos.  Thanks.

sorry

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great Christmas.  I was just curious to hear how much legos everyone sold this Christmas.

As for myself, I didn't start my listings on ebay until Dec.2...believe it or not, from Dec. 2- 25, I sold over 40k! I maxed out my account, and had to start using my girlfriend's account. Ebay gave her an increase on what she can sell per month, from 25k to 75k, because they noticed her selling so much. lol  I sold mostly harry potter, friends, excavators, fire brigades..

The reason for me selling so much this month, is because I'm raising money to bet on a UFC fight on Dec.28 (Chris Weidman)

I'm about 95% sure Chris will win the fight. Out of the 40k  I got from my lego sales, I reinvested 10k back into legos, and the rest... well, I'm putting on Chris. lol (about 35k, to be exact) The 35k should win me about 50k, so I would get back about 85k! I would then reinvest 50k, or more,  back into legos.  Sorry if i sound like I'm bragging about money or something, but I'm just super excited about this fight, and all the $$ I'm going to win.  I will be able to stock up on sets whenever I want, and won't be missing out on deals anymore, because of money issues...for awhile at least.   The most I've ever bet before this, is around 7k on Chris's last fight...that won me 18k. 

Sorry, this post really isn't much about what i sold, but more about the fight...and $$$$$

Here's a pic of my lego money before i bet it all, and lose it forever.....not a chance that Chris Weidman will lose to silva. 

35k on the underdog .. you have balls sir 

Anyways back to lego .. I sold about 25k but that was mostly loose minifigures/ parted sets