10144 - UCS: Sandcrawler

bibious

I bought one new around Christmas of last year for $300 off eBay.  Well, it was mostly new - box was open and in good condition and inner bags were sealed.  So it was never built.  In fact, like many other sets in my collection, it still isn't built.

I am looking forward to putting this on display at some point.  

• Like 1

I have one I bought off Ebay last October Opened box but baggies sealed. The seller wasn't sure if the set was complete. Before I bought it I researched the number of baggies (which was the correct count)and did an eyeball check from the pictures provided and decided it was worth the risk for $275. It's only money. I have yet to buildit because I have a Lego addiction and so many other Lego things going on. Sort sort sort.....

Some people like to make some money on a sets they opened and put together. 

Not like I don't see that, Its just weird you worry about it several years after. I mean, I guess some people build and keep for 5 years and sell. I don't so maybe I don't understand that.

Either way when they are both retired it will stabilize.

Looks like the new 10144s have leveled off. I would not be surprised to see an increase in prices again. It was a great set and quite different from the newest Sandcrawler.

Once they are both retired they probably will.