HD replacement from TRU

Bold-Arrow

I received 2 orders of HD from TRU and both were severely damaged.  One was just like yours with seals broken and the other had a fist-size hole punched through it.  I returned them to the store.  I did not bother to get a replacement since the condition might be worse than the first one...  

I received 2 orders of HD from TRU and both were severely damaged. One was just like yours with seals broken and the other had a fist-size hole punched through it. I returned them to the store. I did not bother to get a replacement since the condition might be worse than the first one...

I might just do that... I have enough of them that I might as well invest the money somewhere else . It is the unprofessionalism that kills me... Imagine if you or I try to sell it as new anywhere !!! Obviously it was patched up and shipped and no one cared to think that there is something wrong with doing that.

Man, that's terrible, sorry to see that. Are the minifigs in there, or are they missing? I think I'd either build it or return it.

Bags 4&6 are torn open...I believe all the figs are there but I wouldn't know for sure till I count it, but like I said I probably just gonna return it...

I might just do that... I have enough of them that I might as well invest the money somewhere else . It is the unprofessionalism that kills me... Imagine if you or I try to sell it as new anywhere !!! Obviously it was patched up and shipped and no one cared to think that there is something wrong with doing that.

Good thing they did not think I was the one who opened the seal or punched the box...actually the associate from the TRU store said she cannot imagine how bad the shipping staffs packed the items.  She also said this usually happened during every Christmas time.

I bought the Lego 10240 XWing fighter Red Five from TRU for $199 and the free Palpatine Arrests set.   However my 10240 XWing came crushed.  TRU said they would give me a $40 discount which I accepted. 30 days later I check my statement, they only give me $30.  I call customer service and they say, the original customer service requested $40 credit but only $30 was approved and therefore basically I'm SOL.  TRU is horrible for customer service

Ha!  My HD set was in the same condition.

When I called to complain, she said this doesn't happen normally (yeah right) and offered me a $15 e gift card and said I could return it to a store.

If you want to build it, you might call and see if you can get some compensation...

• 5 weeks later...

Several HD's on the shelf at one of my TRU. All of the boxes except 1 are wrecked. I would like to have the good one, but at $149.99+tax? Meh.

I know it's a great set and I love LOTR, but what's the consensus on what HD will eventually bring?

I would say 250-300. I received two 15% off coupons from TRU last week that printed at the register, if you plan on buying something online maybe you can do it in store instead.

TRU is miserable at packing orders, not only packing with technique to prevent damage, but the actual items the put in the box. I'm too lazy to take photos to accompany, but my last two orders were totally off, to the point where I truly wonder what the person packing them could be thinking.

One order was supposed to be 4 of the 30167 Ironman vs. Fighting Drone polybag, but instead came two 76008 Ironman vs. The Mandarin with smashed boxes, and two totally random off brand WWF fake LEGO sets, which were both different from one another (a $10 & a $15 set). So, from an order containing 4 of the identical item, they somehow came up with 3 different skews, 2 of which weren't even close to the original item. Quite baffling.

Also, there was the other one, which wasn't quite as bad, but had a few polys I ordered swapped out with other polys. 4 Lake Town Guards Polybags somehow turned into 2 Lake Town Guards + 1 Mandalorian Fighter + 1 Lawnower Polybags, and one of my 4 Tonto's Campfire was replaced with a completely destroyed Calvarly Builder box, making it worth about exactly the same as the Tonto poly lol.

TRU is a mess.

-PB