9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

Many good points being made here. I agree, in a vacuum you would probably be better off investing your money NOW in a set that is going EOL. But if the choice is a retiring set at retail versus a half off Jabba's Palace, you would be better off buying JP. Especially with almost all of the minifigs being exclusive to this set, I think this one will do big things.

Many good points being made here.

I agree, in a vacuum you would probably be better off investing your money NOW in a set that is going EOL. But if the choice is a retiring set at retail versus a half off Jabba's Palace, you would be better off buying JP.

Especially with almost all of the minifigs being exclusive to this set, I think this one will do big things.

I'm not sure. Say you want to invest in something that will appreciate faster, the EOL Shuttle (which, while out of stock at LEGO Shop at Home and ONLY just out of stock at Amazon a few days ago, can probably be sniffed out in retails channels) is a good bet.

JP at half off is great but it's a new set and it will get a deep discount at some point in it's life span.

Perhaps the perspective is slight different for an Australian as the EOL Shuttle isn't available in stores: only online while the largest discounts I've seen so far still means it costs MORE than JP at US retail.

Yes, I agree both sets are quite different in nature but from an investment NOW point of view, I'd pull the trigger on an EOL Shuttle or something else cheaper and popular going EOL.

Thanks for all the return guys :)! I've decided to pass on this one yet, as stated JP is still fairly new and I'm pretty sure I can get it for a better price still when Amazon discounts it or another shop. I got an imperial shuttle 2 years ago when I started to come out (slowly) out of my dark ages phase, it's built though, haven't been able to pick another one up and no way I'm putting in 350

Maybe I should go back and get another for $79. I already have two, but maybe one more wouldn't hurt.

33% off any set is pretty good, 33% off on a big set like JP is a hell of a deal. If I had the chance, I would pick up a couple at $79. Hell, the minifigs are worth about $75 today.

I'm a huge Lego StarWars fanatic, so when I heard they were redoing Jabbba's Palace I got pretty stinkin excited, but then I finally saw the set, and its price and I was out. The biggest reason is, Lego is asking 120 bills for a set that should be 70 to 80. Second reason is the minifigures, I mean sure there's Jabba, salacious crumb, Bib Fortuna, and the slave girl Oola, but I would like to see more exsclusive minifigs than just 5 in a set that expensive. So for those 2 reasons I most likely will not buy this set.

More for us! Seriously though I think its a bit overpriced but arent most sets? Especially in the SW theme. I think the old palace was absolutley horrendous and you had to buy three sets to complete it.......lame! This will be discounted several more times before EOL so you will get it for a decent price eventually. If you are an investor do not overlook its potential in the secondary market.....I think it will do really well.

Yeah most StarWars sets are, but to me nothing in this set is worth it, unless like you stated I happen upon a great deal (and I usually do). I found that if you wait around Walmart long enough you'll see an employee marking down Legos so that's a score. They were selling that discontinued triceratops set that was usually 50 for 25. Although I must point out they never lower their StarWars but who does? At least they're not ToysRUs.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great deal, and probably about as low as you will ever see it (not counting potential clearance opportunities.) Even if it does get good clearance pricing down the road, you will still have to actually find it. I wouldn't pass this one up if Jabba's Palace is on your wanted list.

Did anyone come across this article? Made me laugh a little!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24/lego-racism-star-wars_n_2541369.html

This is great! "The terrorist Jabba the Hutt..." They talk about him like he is real! Lol. Thanks for posting this, I got a kick out of it too. :)

"The terrorist Jabba the Hutt likes to smoke a ****** and have his victims killed," a statement on their website reads, according to the Telegraph. The statement also claims that the characters look sinister and do evil things, such as keep slaves and commit murder.

Whats happening with jabba's Palace 9561, is it really gonna be pulled?

Yes, check your local Target stores. They are getting rid of them as fast as they can. $9.99 right at the door.

... I'm just kidding of course. Don't anyone run to their Target store thinking I was serious.