9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

• 4 months later...

Any experts on the pieces and parts in this set out there?  My kid's room is buried in Lego, and I was getting worried about Jabba's Palace over there in the corner... no minifigs inside.. pieces falling off. So I decided to take it down while he was at school today... re-bag it and box it up, before things get lost forever... he'll never notice it missing.  He'll thank me one day.  I found most of the mini-figs and their accessories... just one item missing: Han Solo's hair.  Is there anything special about this version of Han's hair? Could it be substituted with, say, the hair from Han Solo refrigerator-magnet?

Any experts on the pieces and parts in this set out there?  My kid's room is buried in Lego, and I was getting worried about Jabba's Palace over there in the corner... no minifigs inside.. pieces falling off. So I decided to take it down while he was at school today... re-bag it and box it up, before things get lost forever... he'll never notice it missing.  He'll thank me one day.  I found most of the mini-figs and their accessories... just one item missing: Han Solo's hair.  Is there anything special about this version of Han's hair? Could it be substituted with, say, the hair from Han Solo refrigerator-magnet?

Come on my man, that's what Bricklink is for!

Set: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=9516-1

Han: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?M=sw403

Hair: http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=3901&idColor=88#T=S&C=88&O={"color":88,"ii":1}

(BTW the hair appears in 448 sets and in 72 sets in reddish brown)

• Like 3

My kid's room is buried in Lego, and I was getting worried about Jabba's Palace over there in the corner... no minifigs inside.. pieces falling off. So I decided to take it down while he was at school today... re-bag it and box it up, before things get lost forever... he'll never notice it missing.  He'll thank me one day.

I'm about to do the same thing with our Ewok Village.  The structure is mostly there but minifigs are scattered.  Time to save it before it's buried in the brick abyss.

By the way (this is for everyone), how about the disappointing growth trend on Jabba's Palace?  I was hoping for ca$h money this Christmas but its not looking too good.  Too soon?

Yeah, this and 75020 have not been doing well since retirement and are still available in some retailers :(

Rancor Pit seems to be performing better and the rancor, palace bundle might be the way to go.

As usual with SW paysets, buy em cheap and sell em quick.

Edited by valenciaeric

I got a decent amount of these when target had a 20% off sale and the price at the time was 81.99.

Then there were a few folks that found it on clearance in stores, but i never did. I believe it was 49.99 but very hard to find, and often trashed boxes.

I also bought a few at the lower retail price of 94.99 because i believed in the set longterm. It's just SO much better than the first version. Even if they do re-do this one, we should have a few good years before that day. 

This set is OUTSTANDING internally and externally, it combines with another set (rancor), it has several OTHER sets that match the theme (Barge & Skiff) and screams to be modded and increased.

I see this one at 200 in the near future, and a true classic for this theme (non UCS sized). Perhaps the supply of sets available at below retail is stagnating it, hopefully only temporarily.

I got a decent amount of these when target had a 20% off sale and the price at the time was 81.99.

Then there were a few folks that found it on clearance in stores, but i never did. I believe it was 49.99 but very hard to find, and often trashed boxes.

I also bought a few at the lower retail price of 94.99 because i believed in the set longterm. It's just SO much better than the first version. Even if they do re-do this one, we should have a few good years before that day. 

This set is OUTSTANDING internally and externally, it combines with another set (rancor), it has several OTHER sets that match the theme (Barge & Skiff) and screams to be modded and increased.

I see this one at 200 in the near future, and a true classic for this theme (non UCS sized). Perhaps the supply of sets available at below retail is stagnating it, hopefully only temporarily.

No doubt there will be a lot less in January. A set for this time next year i think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, what a rough road this set has had.

I think it might have finally made it out of its hump. Its been picking up steam after dropping in price every other month.

No new Jabba sets in sight so maybe *crossed fingers* the long hold might pay out.

On a side note the Rancor Pit has been doing well

• Like 2

On 10/7/2017 at 5:31 PM, Dark Helmet said:

Wow, what a rough road this set has had.

I think it might have finally made it out of its hump. Its been picking up steam after dropping in price every other month.

No new Jabba sets in sight so maybe *crossed fingers* the long hold might pay out.

On a side note the Rancor Pit has been doing well

Han Solo film is up next and Jabba is rumored to be in the movie.  Maybe we will finally once and for all get those Amanaman and Yakface minifigs.

http://nerdist.com/han-solo-star-wars-jabba-hutt-rumor/

• 2 years later...