71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's just that the British have a miniscule Simpsons fanbase.

I call ******** on that one. There are huge numbers of people who like the Simpsons, there's a reason it's constantly on. The problem is that these sets are out about 15/20 years too late. The best Simpsons episodes are the repeats, no one watches the new stuff.

This could turn into the Doctor Who vs BTTF argument :thumbsu:

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

I call ******** on that one. There are huge numbers of people who like the Simpsons, there's a reason it's constantly on. The problem is that these sets are out about 15/20 years too late. The best Simpsons episodes are the repeats, no one watches the new stuff.

This could turn into the Doctor Who vs BTTF argument :thumbsu:

Sorry, that's what I meant, the latest shows are crap IMHO. The old episodes are always the best but, watching the same old stuff can get tiresome. TV like Hollywood has seemed to run of new ideas - a bit like LEGO!

Dr Who and BTTF could be a closer match than any other pair.

2 hours ago, king156 said:

Still I bet there's a few of you with 30 / 40 + of these Simpsons houses

Probably the same ones that have pallets of 10188 ;-)

Don´t think too long about it! KWE is now on backorder so the window is closing. Many folk here thik they will be duds as they came out 20 years too late. That could be a good thing as less will be hoarded. I certainly would not get any at full RRP, even with 2xVIP and a bus unless it was for personal build.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

If anybody has recently bought Simpsons Houses think carefully before the return window closes as I really wish I returned mine a few months earlier. In the end I had to sell at a loss because I really started to hate the set and just wanted it out of my sight. At least I made money on the Exo Suits albiet 5p per set!

Even with the Simpsons House on offer at my local TRU, none appear to have been sold so it's not just me.

I'd like to see a thread called: Which LEGO sets have you lost money on?

Edited by TabbyBoy

If anybody has recently bought Simpsons Houses think carefully before the return window closes as I really wish I returned mine a few months earlier. In the end I had to sell at a loss because I really started to hate the set and just wanted it out of my sight. At least I made money on the Exo Suits albiet 5p per set!
Even with the Simpsons House on offer at my local TRU, none appear to have been sold so it's not just me.
I'd like to see a thread called: Which LEGO sets have you lost money on?

Seeing as how you sold it before retirement I wouldn't say you HAD to sell it at a loss
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
49 minutes ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

Seeing as how you sold it before retirement I wouldn't say you HAD to sell it at a loss

I'd have lost more in storage costs if I held it until EOL ;-) At least everything else in my lock-up is now EOL and growing nicely.

31 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Interesting strategy... selling Lego when you're tired of looking at it. Hopefully you're not investing in any inanimate objects i.e. stocks.

LOL - It's just that I really hate the Simpsons show and it serves me right for buying set in a theme that I actually dislike. I've not made the same mistake since. I only buy what I like in case I get stuck with it. However, I love the Exo Suit - it's a great design and I just can't understand the low post EOL value of these.

Edited by TabbyBoy

• 3 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
16 minutes ago, t12ung said:

My market is mainly UK, but sometimes I ship to EU. Is £130 a good buy-in?

The CAGR on this in UK is -4.13. I could probably get it for £120.

I'd leave it alone if I were you as there's very few fans in the UK. I doubt it'll reach RRP after fees once retired.

meh.  this one's coming up on its third birthday.  6x EIffel Tower's at MSRP will do better than 1 SH bought at 20% discount.  many better places to put your money than here.  if you have to put money into the blackhole of simpsons lego investing, kwik-e-mart would be the better bet.

Used complete ones seem to be selling for >$150 on EBay, even with new sealed ones available sub-$200 on the same platform. I haven't seen a discount yet on this set (apart from Make-Your-Own-Discounts at TRU etc.). So I'd say this sells just fine in the US.

But that does not give any indications on investment value - see @cladner's response for that.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
31 minutes ago, KShine said:

Unless LEGO needs to resort to a 99.99 blow-out special, this set will do fine.

In the US... probably.

In the UK... not a chance.

6 hours ago, cladner said:

meh.  this one's coming up on its third birthday.  6x EIffel Tower's at MSRP will do better than 1 SH bought at 20% discount.  many better places to put your money than here.  if you have to put money into the blackhole of simpsons lego investing, kwik-e-mart would be the better bet.

Don't have any SH or Kwik-e-mart neither appeal.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...