71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

I used to like The Simpsons way more than I do today (but was never more than a casual fan). Still, as a builder/collector at least, I absolutely LOVE this!

I also hope what's been thrown out there regarding a minifig series is true, this can be a whole lot of fun, possibly more than the LEGO Movie minifigs. (Heck, give The Simpsons a classic spaceman, TLG, will ya?)

I'm definitely not a Simpsons fan and the show is very aged. I do like the set only for the pieces...

I feel the same. If I did decide on buying this set, the minifigures would get thrown on Bricklink so fast with those parts going into my personal collection. I might decide on keeping the torsos and legs perhaps to just get rid of the heads but then again. :hmm:

Anyway, I'm sure the investment potential is there but I am having a difficult time convincing myself to touch it with so much as a twenty foot pole.

Yeah the Simpson's sucks now.  For sure.  But we're talking about what many consider to be the greatest t.v. show ever.  One of them anyway.  There are still tons and tons and tons of fans.  In particular people like me, in early 40s, whose college years and adulthood was defined by this show.  I'd be surprised if this didn't do well.  Comparing it to SpongeBob doesn't make sense.  I'm just surprised it took so long.  I for one am going to spend as much money on these sets as my wife will let me...

I am something of a Simpsons fan but have to say I was lukewarm about the idea of making lego sets based on the show. Sense of humour is just something you cannot replicate with plastic.

I think enough has been said about the minifigs (that are awful) but I do like the house. Very show accurate and a lot of fun microbuilds. And it actually looks like a house a family could live in. Even the modulars are not that realistic in that regard (only Pet Shop having a bathroom for example).

Curious to find out what it's pricepoint will be. This being a set from a licensed theme, I'm expecting this will be about 30% above the price of a modular building so I would guess in the $200 range. Given that Lego always prices licensed theme sets well above the U.S. price in Europe, probably

Guest TabbyBoy

Place a pre order as soon as you can as these will run out quicker than the Maersk Triple-E.  Even though I can't stand the Simpsons (I wish them all a nasty, painful death), I release that I'm in the minority and this theme will be ****-U-***-E.

3 pages of replies within a day of original post says it all.

Here is the back of the box from neoape.com:

11793663943_d46a5f2fb7_o.jpg

I am not really sure I like it from the inside..looks rather like a lot of the extra pieces have been used up for the walls as against something creative. And I for one do like the minifigures (however odd they might look). Investment wise I still think it should do well, given a limited run. 

I like it, the minifigs do look a bit bizarre. Hope we see the nuclear plant, that could be awesome. 

I was hoping for the plant but after seeing the house, I am not sure how it would work. The plant should be much bigger than the house but I don't see them making any bigger sets than the house.

Very surprised by the amount of people who say they aren't fans of the Simpsons. Very iconic in TV land and pop culture in general. I personally never missed an episode since day one but never was a fan enough to buy any extra merchandise. This set of the Simpson's home will draw in a TON of fans who never otherwise bought LEGO. Much like the Star Wars licensing brought in a ton of Star Wars fans back to LEGO. Can't wait to see this set in person!

I am not really sure I like it from the inside..looks rather like a lot of the extra pieces have been used up for the walls as against something creative. And I for one do like the minifigures (however odd they might look). Investment wise I still think it should do well, given a limited run. 

I'm with you. The walls look too thick to me. But maybe for the supporting purpose? lol

I don't think I will ever get it for my own collection as I'm not a fan. So, what's left is the investment part.

If it's similar price as TB, then I will say to myself I'm better off with TB. More classy IMO. But again, I don't know Sampson that well.

If the price war begins again some time this year and is as good as this past Nov, I probably will still pick up one or two for quick flips over Christmas. Not really looking forward to stocking up this huge set for long-term investment just yet. Maybe this will all change if I get a bigger house. lol

Whether these sets do well or not they are winners. Going to bring a lot of non-lego fans to the world of Lego.

I think it's a winner too. So my vote was it's a winner but I really don't care for the other two questions. lol

Whether these sets do well or not they are winners. Going to bring a lot of non-lego fans to the world of Lego.

You sir are WAY too positive for most members here... can you tone it down a notch? :sarcastic:

Can't believe the complaints about how the house looks... it's perfectly Simpsons.

• Like 2