71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

I just reported it.  I don't agree with ripping people off, but I also don't agree with eBay sellers directing buyers to other sites.  As an eBay seller myself, that guy could cost me a customer with a garbage listing like this, even if I'm not selling the Simpson's set.

Is the set going to be available on the 17th only through LEGO Shop at Home or in stores too for VIP members? What do people think about trying to flip it right after it comes out? Seems like it would have to sell for close to $300 to make it worth it after tax, shipping, and fees. I see people selling the Maersk ship for $220 but that seems like it only works out to $20-25 profit after all is said and done.

Is the set going to be available on the 17th only through S@H or in stores too for VIP members? What do people think about trying to flip it right after it comes out? Seems like it would have to sell for close to $300 to make it worth it after tax, shipping, and fees. I see people selling the Maersk ship for $220 but that seems like it only works out to $20-25 profit after all is said and done.

It depends on whether the set sells out.  When Minecraft first came out, 21102 exploded in value because Lego didn't produce enough to keep pace with demand.  That said, performance of Simpsons House could also mirror Maersk ship's yield.

If you want to turboflip, I don't see a lot of downside as you can always return it to a Lego Store (provided you are close to one).

This would be the greatest way ever to get data on who's a reseller and try to tie it back to VIP accounts somehow. I am also interested in what the limit will be. Assuming a limit of 1?

I'm not so sure, Nolan.  If TLG sees big orders, then I agree.  But most smart resellers will blend in with the rest of the Lego fans by ordering 1 or 2 to start. 

If TLG is smart, they will limit purchases to 1 or 2.  Time will tell, though.

I absolutely love my modular buildings for their micro builds and great use of colors/creative building techniques BUT what really makes them awesome is that they're part of a large set-only collection that continues to expand every year (Plus, they're Minifig Scale).  They're not diluted by smaller $20-40-60 sets that appeal to more budget conscious people.  

When I first saw the Modular Western Town on Cuusoo I almost lost it...it made complete sense to me.  Make another series of Adult oriented "Gotta collect them all" sets that work together to create a large whole and you could very easily replicate the success of the Modular Buildings line.  I was as disappointed as everyone else on here when it got canned, but I've been waiting to see what Lego might do to hit our wallets where it hurts.

Of course, I'm only speculating, but it is possible that the Simpsons house is the beginning of a whole new series of AFOL targeted  sub-$200 sets.  Springfield Elementary, Moe's Tavern, and the Power Plant could very well be $100-300 sets that we could see coming out the next few years.  I'm already confident that this set will be an investment slam-dunk, but we very well could be looking at the next Cafe Corner if a new series is being created...  I know that licenses expire, but it's certainly possible that TLG has planned accordingly and might release other large Simpsons sets in 2015 and beyond.  

Again, this is more a wish than anything.  But that house, with how detailed and well designed it appears to be (including the fact that it's all micro builds and the floor is fully tiled) certainly feels like a new type of Modular Building.  If Lego goes down this route I think that they might have another extremely popular AFOL oriented series on their shelves, and I will certainly be purchasing them all!

• Like 1

I'm in if that's the route they wanna go. I was in on the big playmates Simpsons world of springfield figures a few years back and i think that is when simpsons-theme collecting peaked. I was at Universal Orlando this past fall and seeing the Simpsons themed area definitely brought back some awesome simpsons memories. 

• Like 1

I'm in if that's the route they wanna go. I was in on the big playmates Simpsons world of springfield figures a few years back and i think that is when simpsons-theme collecting peaked. I was at Universal Orlando this past fall and seeing the Simpsons themed area definitely brought back some awesome simpsons memories. 

I still have so many of those!  Brought them right about their market peak  :mad:  :rofl:

I hope Lego do expand the range.  Or start up other large AFOL targeted themes.  You can see why they might - large growth of recent years needs to be maintained somehow and the push into different niches of the market will help that.

I still have so many of those!  Brought them right about their market peak  :mad:  :rofl:

I hope Lego do expand the range.  Or start up other large AFOL targeted themes.  You can see why they might - large growth of recent years needs to be maintained somehow and the push into different niches of the market will help that.

Me too, although I sold all the playsets as they took up too much space.  I am keeping a few unless they are made into a Lego minifig but plan on selling most when the Simpsons Lego start selling.

I wish there was an official source for the information about early release (a source other than brickfan) for vips. If I can get this set on friday I'd be so happy (I'm leaving the country in a couple of weeks (just before official relase date!) and the damn set is $70ish more in europe...

If anyone knows of a different source please settle my mind with it!

PS For the xmas/ewok village sets early release they advertised the fact to vips on the website ahead of time. Nothing equivalent so far for the simpsons...