60004 - Fire Station

hxckid88

I was at b and ****** the other day....saw this error in packing. as you can see, one set as 752 pieces, the other 753. anyone else ever notice this or seen this? has there been misprints in the past and do they translate to value? thanks

From what I have seen. Misprints do not translate to value in most cases.

do I get a fancy dancy badge for that cause that would make me feel special

I don't have that ability, but you have the honor for another 10 minutes (eastern time ), until you move into defending your title. DNIIM will probably dethrone you, but the odds are always in his favor as he comments a lot.

• 1 month later...

I passed a few of these for $63 at Kmart. There should be at least another year for it, correct? I wonder whether there is short-term potential later this year for this set, especially if there's gap before the next fire station come out. The previous police station 7498 did have a nice price surge during holiday before the current police station was released.  

Allen, the current fire station was released only last year so it likely has another 2 years to go. That said, if you have the space and the time to sit on this (3-4 years) $63 is a nice price for this set. Police and fire stations tend to appreciate more slowly than other larger sets, but they also tend to be reliable, leveling out between 80-90% above MSRP.

I think 7498 had a nice surge because it was Christmas and because it was a legitimately great set, even for a repeat. I actually like it better than the new Police has it replaced and think it will sell well down the line.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest owlsandhorns

Looks like walmart has listed these at 79 now online and in stores.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Brickpicker mobile app

• 6 months later...

So pics of the  version are now online and it seems to be a three part building with the garages on either side of the main offices at angles and a larger main fire truck. How do you see this impacting on the older version?

I'm not a big fan of the new fire station, but I do like the ladder truck.  I always preferred 7208 anyway.

• Like 1