What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

Since we have the buying thread, I thought we could have a selling thread too. Let guys, and girls, let others know sets they have moved, maybe returns that they realized and the timeframe it took to get there. If this is lame, well, I guess it will fall to the depths of the forum, here goes. Sold a sealed 7199 IJ Temple of Doom for $200, purchased for $115 6 months ago I have others, but this is just to give you an idea.

• Like 1

Since we have the buying thread, I thought we could have a selling thread too. Let guys, and girls, let others know sets they have moved, maybe returns that they realized and the timeframe it took to get there. If this is lame, well, I guess it will fall to the depths of the forum, here goes.

Sold a sealed 7199 IJ Temple of Doom for $200, purchased for $115 6 months ago

I have others, but this is just to give you an idea.

this is a great thread! I emailed some guy today on Craigslist today that had an ad saying he buys Lego sets. I asked him if he pays market value for EOLed sets, we will see what he says!

this is a great thread! I emailed some guy today on Craigslist today that had an ad saying he buys Lego sets. I asked him if he pays market value for EOLed sets, we will see what he says!

Good luck with that. He will probably point out the $50 Death Star and tell you that is what he is willing to pay:)

Sold my open Cafe Corner 10182 and Holiday Train 10173 that I picked up about a month ago for $585. Had to spend about $25 to pick up missing pieces. Got $650 for the Cafe Corner and $340 for the Holiday Train. That, ladies and gentlemen (where ARE all the ladies?), is how you make money from Craigslist.

• Like 1

this is a great thread! I emailed some guy today on Craigslist today that had an ad saying he buys Lego sets. OI asked him if he pays market value for EOLed sets, we will see what he says!

Good luck with that. He will probably point out the $50 Death Star and tell you that is what he is willing to pay:)

he emailed me back and asked what EOL meant......whatever guy, we are done here!

Sold my open Cafe Corner 10182 and Holiday Train 10173 that I picked up about a month ago for $585. Had to spend about $25 to pick up missing pieces.

Got $650 for the Cafe Corner and $340 for the Holiday Train. That, ladies and gentlemen (where ARE all the ladies?), is how you make money from Craigslist.

This is what I was talking about, nicely done. On the other point, I didn't know if we had any females here or not, but didn't want to exclude from the conversation.

• Like 2

Surely there is more than one female here - come on girls, show your colours !

Maybe someone should start a thread titled, "Hey, where's the chicks?!"

Heh heh.

Seriously, though. I would like to know of the lady brickheads out there.

Toss around some ideas, shoot the breeze, you know, whatever.

Oh yeah, great thread by the way.

• Like 1

Maybe someone should start a thread titled, "Hey, where's the chicks?!"

Heh heh.

Seriously, though. I would like to know of the lady brickheads out there.

Toss around some ideas, shoot the breeze, you know, whatever.

Oh yeah, great thread by the way.

Lol would you like me to start the new "where are the chicks" thread (as you so eloquently described :P) so you don't get smacked down by lady agro. I can shout out to the AFFOL's, one chick to another and wouldn't mind knowing if there are any other gals around too.

I'm Tammy ... I'm a girl ... and addicted to LEGO of the non-friends variety !

Whoa, really?! Schwing!

Huh huh huh huh, hey baby. Come to Butthead!

(Ha ha Ha!)

Wow! A Wayne's World and Beavis and Butthead reference in a Lego thread, who would have ever thought? This thread has taken a weird and unexpected tangent.

I personally think it's really cool that there are ladies that are into Lego. I was at the local TRU a while back looking for a Lloyd ZX for my son and a female employee comes up to me asking about what I'm looking for, and immediately starts talking Lego. I say "does your son like Lego?", and she replies "No, I do". I thought this was pretty neat and we talked Lego for I while before I took off with my $12.99 purchase, because that is all that store is getting out of me.

Anyway, good to know we are a mixed bunch, now back to selling.

This thread has taken a weird and unexpected tangent.

Yeah, it certainly has. Sorry about that!

Anyway, good to know we are a mixed bunch, now back to selling.

*ahem!* Yes, back to the selling! (Something I'll probably never do, since I'm a collector.)

Never did comment on what a good deal you made with that "Temple of Doom" set.

.....Well, I guess I just did. Sweet deal, dude!

No worries, look at the Ninjago thread, that one has bounced around the world and back again. As for the Temple of Doom set, knew I got a good deal buying it, but always planned on giving it to my son. Once I got a really nice used version on Craigslist, I decided to move the sealed version and give him the used one. He doesn't give a crap if it's new or used anyway. My contribution http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naf5uJYGoiU

More used sets by the wayside. Sold a 7743 Police City set for $55 and 10123 Cloud City(without figs) for $200 on ebay. Kind of sad to see the Cloud City go, but I really think they are going to come out with a new one, I just hope it is in the style of 10188, that would be amazing. My 10179 will be going up on ebay in a few days, just got done building it, only it's 2nd build.