What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
Guest TabbyBoy

30x 60080 Spaceports for £1400 cash - £1060 proft (when Tesco mispriced them at £11.33 during 3-for-2).

500x assorted polybags for £400 cash - £350 profit (free from friend at WH Smith, but bought her dinner!)

That gives me space for another 20x 21309 Saturn V rockets - hmmm... do I crumble or stay strong? ;-)

One of these days I'll do a proper stock check as it's all in different locations.

Guest TabbyBoy

To the same buyer as last time...

20x 30607 Tears of Batman polybags for £100 cash - £100 profit.

1x 10218 Pet Shop for £110 cash (what a turkey!) - £2 profit. (I've been offered £900 for my last 9 which I'm currently considering)

1x 10221 Super Star Destroyer in slightly damaged box for £450 cash - £200 profit.

1x 10240 Red 5 X-Wing in damaged box for £150 cash - £37 profit.

1x 21309 Saturn V in slightly damaged box for £120 cash - £28 profit.

10,000x black 4x4 plates for £200 cash - £150 profit.

Guest TabbyBoy
On 21/10/2017 at 6:05 PM, GregP said:

Signed UCS Millennium Falcon 75192 package for £4000

Well done. Cash on collection? I'd be very nervous if it was eBay and a SNAD was opened.

Package? You mean Signed 75192 and trolley thingy?

I've finally managed to get one after all as my cousin got me one from Cardiff and kept quiet until now! I've not seen it yet.

1x mini VW camper polybag for £10 down the pub at lunchtime ;-) I've been too busy recently to get out and about.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Well done. Cash on collection? I'd be very nervous if it was eBay and a SNAD was opened.

Package? You mean Signed 75192 and trolley thingy?

I've finally managed to get one after all as my cousin got me one from Cardiff and kept quiet until now! I've not seen it yet.

1x mini VW camper polybag for £10 down the pub at lunchtime ;-) I've been too busy recently to get out and about.

Yeah, all good regarding payment.

Package also includes VIP card in box and signed posters and brochure etc.

Im just going to wait patiently now to pick one up for me to build.

Sold my one and only 21109 Exo Suit for $28.00 + shipping today. Was surprised when I saw the invoice! Someone paid money for it!

Unfortunately this admits to you all that I bought an exo suit. In fairness, it put me over the free shipping threshold for an order, and I originally bought it for myself but never got around to building it. At least broke even with it. 

Took a year to sell at that price. Also sold a couple series 2-3 microfighters for a few buck profit a pop, less desirable ones.  

Edited by Muffin Cup
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2017 at 5:38 PM, Muffin Cup said:

Sold my one and only 21109 Exo Suit for $28.00 + shipping today. Was surprised when I saw the invoice! Someone paid money for it!

Unfortunately this admits to you all that I bought an exo suit. In fairness, it put me over the free shipping threshold for an order, and I originally bought it for myself but never got around to building it. At least broke even with it. 

Took a year to sell at that price. Also sold a couple series 2-3 microfighters for a few buck profit a pop, less desirable ones.  

i sold 10 exo-suits for $42.99 in a week on amazon but yeah still a big loser.  i still have 30 left :( .  at least i bought them with the gift cards obtain during the legendary target weekend of buying $40 gift card for $30, then buying another $40 gift card for $30 with the previously purchased $40 gift card, rinse and repeat ad infinitum.  good times :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cladner said:

at least i bought them with the gift cards obtain during the legendary target weekend of buying $40 gift card for $30, then buying another $40 gift card for $30 with the previously purchased $40 gift card, rinse and repeat ad infinitum.  good times :) 

LOL, that is awesome!

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Sold the last of my nine hulk busters that were picked up for £17 each on three for two offers last years. Average profit is about £20 each after fees and postage. Not bad for a theme that is supposed to be a dud in Europe.

Yup Hulkbuster and Avengers Tower have done well for me.  I think the only SH sets that ever sell in UK are Marvel based movie sets.

DC doesn't sell at all well and non movie marvel is a non starter too

Volume on the month, moved a few 

70734-1: Master Wu Dragon £40 / £17.5
70748-1: Titanium Dragon £40 / £17.5 
41077-1: Aira's Pegasus Sleigh £40 / £20 
76031-1: The Hulk Buster Smash £40 / £18 

This price range seems to be my bread and butter at the moment. 

Unloaded the last of my 41055-1: Cinderella's Romantic Castle £60 / £30 ahead of the new version.  And all of my 79017-1: The Battle of the Five Armies £60 / £30.   Leaving me with only 2*79018-1: The Lonely Mountain and 4*79015-1: Witch-King Battle from the lotr/hobbit themes.  Real shame, had expected so much more from them.   

• Like 1

I think I just found my favourite buyer to date.

What do you look for in a buyer, lots of cash, high margin items, loads of repeat sales, no, better than that, one woman took all the junk sets :thumbsu:

€160 cash for the following:

Aaron Fox' Aero Striker V2

General Magmar's Siege Machine of Destruction

Clone Troopers vs Droidekas battle pack

Exo-Suit - whoop whoop

Droid Escape Pod

Spiderman: Ghost Rider team Up

About €70 profit, but who cares what the profit was, she took the crap off my hand.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1