What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...

1x 60083 Snowplow Truck Amazon FBA for $53. This was my first buy for "investing" two years ago. I'd been reading the forums for awhile and I thought it was a cool set, and I remember seeing @exciter1 (who, after my reading, appeared to basically be a LEGO deity) post about it being available at Toys R US, so I took the plunge.

It was also my first ill advised purchase as I got it for a total of about $18.50 with taxes. I bought a couple more for cheaper not long after, and then fellow BPers bought a lot more for a lot cheaper after that. I realized I didn't know as much as I thought, and learned a great lesson in the process. Thanks for the all you taught me Snowplow Truck, may you enjoy your new home...

• Like 5

1x 41095 Emma's House, for €60.

Buy-in was €25 which was a really really lucky find back then and in hindsight I wish I had bought more then. A general store that would go bankrupt just a few months later had a "2 for 1" offer, and on top of that also €10 off when purchasing above €50. Emma's House was priced at €60 (from €75 RRP). So 2 for €60 minus €10 became 2 for €50, or €25 each. 

Even though two years after retirement there's still not a big demand for this set, and sold prices are still below RRP, at such a hefty discount it's just easy money as long as you have some patience. ;)  

Will always remember that deal fondly, and my lesson learned was: if the deal is really really good, do an armsweep and get as many as you can!

• Like 3

Over the past week on eBay:
Sold a few FO TIE Fighters for $70 ($35 Walmart). Was hoping to hold but worried about the impending Solo TIE. What’s everyone else’s strategy on this one?
Quick flipped a FOHAW $120 ($75). I guess not everyone knows they’re on clearance at WM?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

On 13/01/2018 at 8:21 PM, Haay said:

1x 41095 Emma's House, for €60.

Buy-in was €25 which was a really really lucky find back then and in hindsight I wish I had bought more then. A general store that would go bankrupt just a few months later had a "2 for 1" offer, and on top of that also €10 off when purchasing above €50. Emma's House was priced at €60 (from €75 RRP). So 2 for €60 minus €10 became 2 for €50, or €25 each. 

Even though two years after retirement there's still not a big demand for this set, and sold prices are still below RRP, at such a hefty discount it's just easy money as long as you have some patience. ;)  

Will always remember that deal fondly, and my lesson learned was: if the deal is really really good, do an armsweep and get as many as you can!

I got similar results on this set in the UK.

Guest TabbyBoy

Most of my profit is from sets that are either still available at other retailers or fail to exceed RRP on eBay. Doctor Who is one such set with a buy-in of only £22. Yellow Sub will be the next at an average buy-in of below £30 (Thanks to IWOOT!). Yes, if the discount is very high and the set is good, just buy them all there and then!

10x 10704 Classic for £225 cash, £75 profit.

20x Sand baseplates for £100 cash.

1000x 4x2 red bricks (proper LEGO!) for £50 cash.

Edited by TabbyBoy

all fba

Ariels undersea palace 41063 $149.99 x 3.  ($35 buyin).  i think this one could make it to $200 level + with seller count getting down to 20.  this is usually time when get  quick /large price appreciation.  ariel is super popular and with all the other castles filling the lineup, a remake is pushed off until at least 2019 imo.  i have 4 left for "later".

Death Star Troopers battlepack 75034 $33.95 x5 - ($5 buyin)

Rebel Trooper packs 75164 i bought last week for $5 at walmart clearance , stickered shipped and sold - $22.98 ea x9 fba.  

1x Minecraft Desert Outpost on the alternate listing - $79.99 - paid $30 during summer walmart clearance.  holding onto the rest of these til later this year .  nice to see the alternate listing works since the main one is "unavailable".

Edited by cladner
  • Like 5

So, this January has been exceptionally busier than normal for me:

Via BrickLink
75166 FO Transport Speeder Pack for $14 (Buy-In at $10 AND shipped to the UK!!)
10236 Ewok Village for $300 (Buy-In at $250...meh. Needed space...)
21110 Research Institute for $44 (Buy-In at $20)
40223 Snowglobe x 2 for $25 each (Buy-In at $10 each)

Via eBay
60134 Fun In The Park for $32 (Buy-In at $35. Ugh.This is a loss...)
31052 Vacation Getaway for $69 (Buy-In at $40. LAST ONE!)
40165 Wedding Favors x 2 for $10 each (Buy-In at $5)
40236 Valentine's Picnic for $20 (Buy-In at $7)
31050 Creator Deli 3-In-1 for $53 (Buy-In at $15)

Surprisingly, the 31050 Creator Deli is doing quite swimmingly.  Too bad Amazon wouldn't let me order more than 2 per order.  BOO LIMITS!

Keep spending that Christmas money, folks!

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:
  • Riding club 41126, £40 cash, £28 buy in.
  • Wonder Woman 76075, £30 cash, £20.99 buy in.
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 76081, £40 cash, £24 buy in.

Can almost afford to buy another Lego set now. 

You're making good progress, but I think the Riding Club would sell for more once retired unless you're building funds asap.

BTW... The 75912 UCS Millennium Falcon will be available at John Lewis soon. Since it'll be £649.99, I'd either wait for a 10% off promotion or wait to see what SaH has on offer at the time. If only we knew when this would EOL as demand has been crazy. It's a 2x buy-in after EOL easy. I'm not too keen on the set, but would certainly make money on it.

4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

You're making good progress, but I think the Riding Club would sell for more once retired unless you're building funds asap.

Thanks Tabby.

Totally agree, I've kept one back for later, I went on a bit of a spending spree and went over budget during the SAH sale so I'm trying to claw back some cash for Caterham's. I've all but sold a Kwik - E mart for £225 cash to the same people too so I'm keeping them on side. Their kids like the Friends stuff a lot. 

I was going to try and throw a Simpson's house in the deal too as I saw one in Smyth's in Farnborough at the weekend but I heard that may have disappeared. ;)

12 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

BTW... The 75912 UCS Millennium Falcon will be available at John Lewis soon. Since it'll be £649.99, I'd either wait for a 10% off promotion or wait to see what SaH has on offer at the time. If only we knew when this would EOL as demand has been crazy. It's a 2x buy-in after EOL easy. I'm not too keen on the set, but would certainly make money on it.

I laugh everyday at the idiots on Facebook Marketplace trying to shift their Falcon's for £850 +, Not sure I want to be one of those. 

I even saw someone trying to shift their star wars VIP card for £50, aren't they linked to your SAH account!?

Guest TabbyBoy
59 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

I laugh everyday at the idiots on Facebook Marketplace trying to shift their Falcon's for £850 +, Not sure I want to be one of those. 
I even saw someone trying to shift their star wars VIP card for £50, aren't they linked to your SAH account!?

Yes, they walk, breathe and type among us. Those are the ones that often lose in the end.

I will really LOL when QFLLs are faced with returns once 75192 is stocked at John Lewis, especially if they have a limit of 5 - which means they'll be gone within an hour. Anyway, I think that this set will be very widely available soon and for a many years. The old 10179 (which I prefer) will now make LEGO and Disney greedy and they will milk it for as long as they can.

I'll pick one up when they're £450 or below, I ain't paying that extortionate RRP for a soggy, floppy unfinished arse, no way!

14 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Yes, they walk, breathe and type among us. Those are the ones that often lose in the end.

I will really LOL when QFLLs are faced with returns once 75192 is stocked at John Lewis, especially if they have a limit of 5 - which means they'll be gone within an hour. Anyway, I think that this set will be very widely available soon and for a many years. The old 10179 (which I prefer) will now make LEGO and Disney greedy and they will milk it for as long as they can.

I'll pick one up when they're £450 or below, I ain't paying that extortionate RRP for a soggy, floppy unfinished arse, no way!

I'd love to own one of these but I'm more focused on setting up this reselling business at the moment, even the VIP points I earn will be spent on a set to flip on Ebay. I need every possible sale I can get and probably for a couple of years too. I'm not risking flipping one of these either really, it's too much outlay right now and will take too long to sell. It's hard enough shifting Kwik E-Marts!

Sold my last 75192 MILF for $1200 cash. Sold the second for $1300 cash. And sold my spot in line opening day for $200 cash. Plus VIP points for buying the two, and black VIP cards for myself and my wife.

I'll get one for me eventually... hopefully when someone discounts it. It took longer than anticipated, but I'm happy with the return.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1