What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...

Sold 4 more 75909 Mclaren Speed Champions at $62.50 each on Fba, buy-in of $11 each. Have 1 left when I should have 2, looks like I have to chat with seller support to find it.

Also, I will count these as sales for now. Amazon reimbursed me for losing 3x 76031 Hulkbuster Smash. The gave me the equivalent of $71 each, netting $56 each after fees. My buy-in was $18 each. Could have sold them for a little more but can’t really do anything about it.

• Like 3

set number set name buy in sold for
4193 london escape 22.35 64.99
7201 final duel ii  3.12 17.49
7186 watto's junkyard 22.35

still have

4182 cannibal escape 13.41 still have
4480 jabba's palace 13.41 still have
4191 captains cabin 5.36 still have
    80 82.48

today i sold final duel ii and london escape.  made back my money off the above lot.  

all MISB except watto's junkyard which is 100% complete in box with instructions, built once and displayed. think i'll be able to get another $100-300 for the rest. 

Sold a "60 year of the brick bundle" for $220 + shipping - buy in $95 after tax. Consisting of 10715 limited edition, 4000028/4000029/4000030, plus the 60year promo set, plus the 60 year booklet. Fees should be capped at $10 thanks to EBay promo, so $125 in profit.

• Like 7

Sold my final Starlight Inn for $140 on fba, buy-in of $15, also sold another Skyra's Castle for $184, buy-in of $35. I have a few more of these but the boxes are not in the greatest shape so will hold for a little bit while I decide what to do with them.

• Like 4

:onthequiet: Sold a 75150 A-Wing vs Vader's TIE Fighter with some profit. Good riddance of that overpriced ****. :P  Bought by a Bricklink reseller by the way. Does he really think he can make money on it?

Also sold a 60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel for 2x buy-in. Apparently while this set is still quite easily obtainable at RRP in Europe supply in USA/Canada has dried up. Shipping to Canada was 1/3rd of the total amount the buyer had to pay!

6 minutes ago, Haay said:

:onthequiet: Sold a 75150 A-Wing vs Vader's TIE Fighter with some profit. Good riddance of that overpriced ****. :P  Bought by a Bricklink reseller by the way. Does he really think he can make money on it?

Also sold a 60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel for 2x buy-in. Apparently while this set is still quite easily obtainable at RRP in Europe supply in USA/Canada has dried up. Shipping to Canada was 1/3rd of the total amount the buyer had to pay!

I second this. I bought and sold 2 of those ships here in Canada back before Christmas. I got them from the one place I’ve seen them over the past 6 months and at a discount to boot so I also sold them for twice what I paid. Shipping was cheaper obviously.

I thought I heard a roar in the distance. Just be sure not to cry too hard till the 180 day paypal chargeback period has expired.

Meanwhile, you could make an extra buck or 2 in referral fees by selling the buyer´s contact details to a psychiatrist.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

March 30, 2018. This is a date that will forever be remembered. I can get a little emotional at times. As an adult, there are a few instances when I've shed a tear. I cried when my son was born. I cried again a year later when my daughter was born. I cried tears of joy when my beloved Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl 31 after three decades of mediocrity, and again when they won Super Bowl 45. The last time I cried was two years ago this April when my Mom passed away. 

March 30, 2018. Today is another day that I've sobbed like a baby. Upon waking up for work, I checked my phone like I always do. Waiting for me was a PayPal notification. A large one. I checked my Bricklink account, and it appears that some blessed soul has decided that they needed some Steam Rollers in their life. 

Yes, some Steam Rollers. All of them. 27 to be exact. Gone. Purchased by an unknown person. A risk taker. A gambler. A guardian angel, perhaps? I began this saga with over 50 of those Steam Rollers. I'd sell one here, one there through multiple platforms, slowly chipping away at that number. I whittled it down to 27. Now I have 0. They are gone. The purchase price was just a shade over $1k. I'll make a few bucks on each one after the usual fees and shipping, but that's not the point in this circumstance. The nightmare is finally over. 

March 30, 2018 is my Independance Day.

Damn, who are we going to make fun of for overhoarded Superheroes sets now?  A major talking point of this site has been erased, I feel a bit hollow right now.    

• Like 5

March 30, 2018. This is a date that will forever be remembered. I can get a little emotional at times. As an adult, there are a few instances when I've shed a tear. I cried when my son was born. I cried again a year later when my daughter was born. I cried tears of joy when my beloved Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl 31 after three decades of mediocrity, and again when they won Super Bowl 45. The last time I cried was two years ago this April when my Mom passed away. 

March 30, 2018. Today is another day that I've sobbed like a baby. Upon waking up for work, I checked my phone like I always do. Waiting for me was a PayPal notification. A large one. I checked my Bricklink account, and it appears that some blessed soul has decided that they needed some Steam Rollers in their life. 

Yes, some Steam Rollers. All of them. 27 to be exact. Gone. Purchased by an unknown person. A risk taker. A gambler. A guardian angel, perhaps? I began this saga with over 50 of those Steam Rollers. I'd sell one here, one there through multiple platforms, slowly chipping away at that number. I whittled it down to 27. Now I have 0. They are gone. The purchase price was just a shade over $1k. I'll make a few bucks on each one after the usual fees and shipping, but that's not the point in this circumstance. The nightmare is finally over. 

Congratulations! Let’s dance!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

shocked.gif

• Like 2

I think that you should have saved one Steamroller so that it could always look at you, mockingly, until one really bad day in the far future when you simply take a sledge hammer to it. :)

Ex astris, Scientia.

• Like 2