What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...
2 minutes ago, carini26 said:

Profit? Yes.  But you had to bundle a number of bad decisions in order to complete the sale.  Now you just stored two lucrative sets (HH & FB) for 5+ years for a final compounded annual growth rate of 4.12% - and that assumes you bought those towards the end of their life and you paid zero to store.

Meanwhile, @cladner is printing money selling 70 piece mermaid sets that retired 6 months ago.  

Yet, you still continue to warn us every 14 minutes how the sky is falling.

All while giving some seller in the UK 4x-5x the profit he was bragging about.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, carini26 said:

Profit? Yes.  But you had to bundle a number of bad decisions in order to complete the sale.  Now you just stored two lucrative sets (HH & FB) for 5+ years for a final compounded annual growth rate of 4.12% - and that assumes you bought those towards the end of their life and you paid zero to store.

Meanwhile, @cladner is printing money selling 70 piece mermaid sets that retired 6 months ago.  

Yet, you still continue to warn us every 14 minutes how the sky is falling.

Stop expressing opinions about other members!

What I do is my own damn business, is that OK with you?

£1650 profit overall ain't bad at all considering I had to fees/tax to pay or any packing to do. Time and space is far more valuable to me than profit right now. I firmly believe that I'd have lost more on some of these sets if I waited until next year. It feels fantastic to see the space created once the turkeys have left.

Whatever Cladner does is his/her own business and I wish them every success. Finding those Mermaid sets (or any other gem/sleeper for that matter) takes a lot of  very hard work, tight lips and good profits are well deserved. As I have said before, there are some "gems" that I've made a killing on and still do, but I keep that information to myself.

Just look around you and you'll see that the sky isn't as high up as it used to be, don't kid yourself. Why would Emazers and other big players get out? I saw it coming and got out last year and I was a fool to come back. at least I'll get RRP for what I bought in late 2017 so it's a no lose gamble for me. I'm even happy with a loss if I can dump it all in one hit.

I make over 4x instantly these days for something that I produce to order and deliver almost immediately. I had an order for something costing £880 last week and it cost me £210 to have it made and delivered to me. As you can see, I've got no problem make little or nothing on LEGO.

Don't worry, I'll be gone from here for good by 2019. I've not made that many friends on here and I frankly don't care. I say it as it is, like it or lump it!

UK BPers... You have until 31DEC18 to pick up some cracking bargains from me that I promise can't be beaten, collect for cash only I'm afraid. I can't understand those that pay through the nose for certain used sets where I could've supplied MISB ones for a lot less. I've even found another sealed 10179 MF which I've entered in a local auction with a reserve of £342.49, I just want it gone and don't trust online buyers anymore. Some of you have already had good deals from me and the best is yet to come.

The bubble has well and truly exploded so get used to it or lose!

Ed/Jeff... Please delete my Brickfolio and BrickPicker account on 31DEC18. So long, thank you for all the fish and I'll buy you both a beer and a perfectly normal beast sandwich in the pub at the end of the universe one day perhaps? ? 

My 8 week old son had a tongue tie and lip tie cut yesterday. Poor guy is also going through a mental leap while having all sorts of gas issues, and has the inability to do anything about it. Yet somehow, LEGO resellers have the ability to surpass his whining while doing so about superficial things.

At this point the entertainment factor greatly surpasses the useful LEGO information posted here. The humor from the drama that occurs on this board truly helps me get through these long days at work after the long nights with the baby. Brickpicker, never change.

image.thumb.png.469b2d5de9894f02b0df60c4cd998cc8.png

Guest TabbyBoy

This will shock you all...

An Exo Suit for £40 cash! 

I've actually made a profit from every single one sold so far even though it was only a penny to start. Hippielego would be jealous!

Not today, but I sold my Sandcrawler for $350 on ebay a few days ago. I bought it while it was discounted to about $286 on Amazon.  I listed it during a "Pay only $10 if your item sells" promotion so that is good! At this point, I am just looking to unload my lego sets and free up the cash and space (without losing any money). I'm moving my money to a mutual fund/stocks. The buyer didn't have any feedback, but I shipped it anyway.

• Like 3

I was gonna say - who the hell is buying Soidwr Man Duplo for $65?

Great analysis. Thanks for sharing your info.

I’ve taken some time off of selling (life has been busy) but it’s nice to see stock that I have selling at great prices for you.

I’m almost ready to jump back into selling so I’m looking forward to it.

eBay over the last week:

41062 Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle $75 - profit $10

40262 Christmas Train Rides x4 $30 each - profit $14 each

75870 Corvette $60 - profit $42

2192 Drilldozer $50 - profit $36

71238 Doctor Who Fun Pack x2 $30 each - profit $15 each

10 various polybags - cleared $59

My numbers have been greatly helped by eBay $0 FVF  and $1.10 FVF offers lately. I've paid more to paypal on these items than eBay.

• Like 4

On 7/9/2018 at 9:11 AM, brickvoyeur said:

While everyone was going nuts about google express (I did buy enough Holiday Trains to max out the discount) I picked up this guy on eBay. Seller messaged me about an hour after the sale letting me it is being shipped assembled as they can't bear to break it down. They couldn't bear to research the going price for it either.

image.png.5bc1858181ef2413bccb4eedd1c4e9b7.png

Should be able to more than double my buy in when I relist it as soon as it arrives and is inspected.

Sold over the weekend for $600 cash.

Guest TabbyBoy

Yesterday via a school fete:

1x 21006 White House for £55 cash (£24)

1x 21020 Trevi Fountain for £65 cash (£28)

1x 21022 Lincoln Memorial for £40 cash (£18)

1x 21104 Mars Rover for £100 cash (£18)

1x 21109 Exo Suit for £40 cash (£30)

1x 21303 WALL-E (slightly dented box) for £75 cash (£35)

1x 21304 Doctor Who (really smashed box) for £45 cash (£28)