What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting some more used sets out the door - Harry Potter 4842/4738 - $240 Toy Story 7590/7593/7594/7595/7789 - $70 Harry Potter Knight Bus - $35 Waiting on a final Bricklink order to get some other sets out of the house as well as I have about another dozen sets that need new homes.

• 3 weeks later...

Sold SuperHeroes sets: Fun House, Arctic Batman Vs Dr. Freeze, Catwoman City Chase and Captain America Avenging Cycle to one buyer. I should of purchased more Fun Houses...have none left for inventory now, waiting for a decent sale. Now if only SOMEONE would bite on my Friends Series 1 Pets polybags haha. Patience...

Today marks the last sale of my first investment into LEGO. I started with finding 3 boxes of Queen Anne's Revenge for $39.99 a box. Sold the first for $200.00 after shipping, and the last two for $210.00 after shipping. Coming away with $620.00 with an initial investment of $130.00 or so with tax feels pretty good for my first three sales. I've already reinvested in more sets. This place is a great help. =)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Besides buying and building, this site is about selling, right? But when reading all the investment guides, tipps, discussions on "if" or "when" to buy, specualtion on rising value and a possible future appreciation, the whole thing sometimes feels a bit theoretical, while it is about (our) real money. So, to get a better idea of the actual monetary meaning of "flipping" and "investing" in the face of a real customer and real cases, I'd like to ask you to post here what set(s) you sold (where) recently and how big your profit was. Maybe also since when you had been stiing on the set before.

To make the thread more readable, your posts could be standardized like this:

- "Set name" ("Set number")

- Profit made: ...

- Sold at: ...

- Date bought myself: ...

- Price paid myself: ...

Thanks everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Everything I have been selling is stuff I bought one day and sold the next.

30110 - Harry Potter Trolley Polybag ($3) - $11.00 - Sold a few of these - consistently getting that price

30211 - Uruk Hai with Ballista ($4) - $6 - Sold a few of these, but demand has been weak

40028 - Mini Hogwarts Express ($4) - $8 - Sold a few of these - consistent price

7194 - UCS Yoda ($80) - $180 - Bought an incomplete one, made it complete and resold.  Still have one which I will always keep

Retired Friends Sets.   I am skeptical of the investment potential of the Friends theme, but I couldn't resist flipping some retired sets that I found half off.

3935 - Stephanie's Pet Patrol ($5) - $15 - Sold a few of these, price is not consistent - none near the BP price of $20

3933 - Olivia's Invention Workshop ($5) - $12 - Selling in lots

3938 - Andrea's Bunny House ($5) - $12 - Selling in lots

3316 - Friends Advent Calendar ($22) - $48 - Well above the BP price of $38

Will soon be selling 10186 (used) and 10215 (used and new) - hope to just net what I paid on these.

Today marks the last sale of my first investment into LEGO. I started with finding 3 boxes of Queen Anne's Revenge for $39.99 a box. Sold the first for $200.00 after shipping, and the last two for $210.00 after shipping.

Coming away with $620.00 with an initial investment of $130.00 or so with tax feels pretty good for my first three sales.

I've already reinvested in more sets. This place is a great help. =)

I will always hold a small place for you in the darkest, stinkiest part of my heart. Because you found QARs for $40. Pbbbbbbt! :)

I had purchased a bulk tote of Lego from Craigslist a few weeks ago, when I finally got through it all I had 28lb lego - sold for $130 to a local bricklinker 96 minifigs - sold on ebay for $110 bunch of baseplates - sold on ebay for $50 Turned my $80 investment into $300 without a whole lot of effort, mainly sorting and cleaning and putting minifigs back together correctly. My son kept a couple printed pieces, and I kept a couple old Wild West Indians/Cavalry so we were all happy.

I keep any Western theme anything. I frequently use spare mini-fig parts to make my own custom Western figures.

• 4 weeks later...

Last week I sold my 9398 crawler used, broke even on that.

Sold my 8088 Arc-170 used, made 10 bucks.

This week I'm listing 7662 MTT, 7675 AT-TE, an incomplete 6210 Jabba's Barge, about 20 lbs of misc. Star Wars, 15 lbs of misc. bionicle, 4 lbs misc. Technic, and 8 lbs primary color bricks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sold a Queen Anne's Revenge/Black Pearl combo on ebay for $435.  Had about $175 into it about a year ago when they were retiring.  But that's not even where the big money is coming from.  I have some used Mega Blok that I'm going to make a killing on at a garage sale, I see easily, $10-$20 being made on about 50 lbs of loose pieces.  That's where it's at, folks, Mega Blok.

Sold a Queen Anne's Revenge/Black Pearl combo on ebay for $435.  Had about $175 into it about a year ago when they were retiring.  But that's not even where the big money is coming from.  I have some used Mega Blok that I'm going to make a killing on at a garage sale, I see easily, $10-$20 being made on about 50 lbs of loose pieces.  That's where it's at, folks, Mega Blok.

Where is blokpicker.com?

Where is blokpicker.com?

It's a new website that I'm starting to rival this one.  It's amazing.  I show videos of the new models coming out.  Don't tell anybody, though, but I glue them together before showing them off so they don't fall apart when I'm shooting.  I will also serve as the moderator the section for the giant toddler bloks, those make a killing, even though they price out at several dollars per piece, no such rule as the $.10/piece ratio in Mega Blok, they are way too cool for that. 

• Like 1