What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 3 years later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Simon74 said:

two Sanctuaries and one Marketplace:

bl01.jpg

What form of payment did you accept to avoid PayPal fees? I now process credit card payments over the phone which is about 1% through WorldPay.

Sold 42039 (Technic 24 Hr Race Car) NISB for $199 (include ship), which I got locally for $60; also sold a Pair of Emmet & Lucy w/ tabs pushed in (my boy couldn't help himself) for $77 shipped; Used Toy Story Train set ($67 shipped); essentially broke even on that one, but had fun building and play w/ the boy.

I want to thanks the folks here who have helped me navigate the murky re-seller waters...these recent sales have helped my wife change her tune a bit from "No more Legos ever, Ever, EVER!" to simply "No More Legos ever".

image.jpeg.1ea704eb36118195c061070b006797e0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy
30 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Sold 42039 (Technic 24 Hr Race Car) NISB for $199 (include ship), which I got locally for $60; also sold a Pair of Emmet & Lucy w/ tabs pushed in (my boy couldn't help himself) for $77 shipped; Used Toy Story Train set ($67 shipped); essentially broke even on that one, but had fun building and play w/ the boy.

I want to thanks the folks here who have helped me navigate the murky re-seller waters...these recent sales have helped my wife change her tune a bit from "No more Legos ever, Ever, EVER!" to simply "No More Legos ever".

image.jpeg.1ea704eb36118195c061070b006797e0.jpeg

I'd push in the temples of somebody who pushed my tabby-tabs in - LOL. Well done on the 42039 as they've been a bit stubborn in the UK and I was lucky to offload at RRP.

Edited by TabbyBoy

42 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'd push in the temples of somebody who pushed my tabby-tabs in - LOL. Well done on the 42039 as they've been a bit stubborn in the UK and I was lucky to offload at RRP.

The boy and I learned a valuable lesson so it was worth it in my book...and $77 ain't bad.

Honestly I had never seen 42039 before until I saw it on CL a month ago...when I checked the price at $60, my jaw dropped and thought it was too good to be true...took a chance and after 3 subsequent meetings/deals...I ended up getting to know the AFOL seller a bit...nice guy who is simply looking to downsize...I intend to get some "like new" but used modulars he's looking to sell for $80 ea...I just can't decide on BB or Pet Shop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The boy and I learned a valuable lesson so it was worth it in my book...and $77 ain't bad.

Honestly I had never seen 42039 before until I saw it on CL a month ago...when I checked the price at $60, my jaw dropped and thought it was too good to be true...took a chance and after 3 subsequent meetings/deals...I ended up getting to know the AFOL seller a bit...nice guy who is simply looking to downsize...I intend to get some "like new" but used modulars he's looking to sell for $80 ea...I just can't decide on BB or Pet Shop.

Uh, get both BB and PS. Easy peasy. 

• Like 3

I can tell you what I didn't sell today.... as I look to be the target of an attempted sting operation

Listed hundreds of sets on Facebook from the last Walmart wave that I don't have a ton of confidence in for long term holds. Had a few buyers ding me about everything, but I wouldn't provide them the deal they wanted.

Another potential buyer dinged me and seemed fine to take my asking price... like overly eager to get the items. After a bit of chit chat with him responding nearly instantaneously to each of my comments, I took a look at his profile. His occupation? Listed as "Detective" at the local police department. After reading that I messaged him that I can give him the physical receipts to the items so he can have them for tax purposes if he wanted them... in which he suddenly lost interest.

I found it quite interesting.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Another potential buyer dinged me and seemed fine to take my asking price... like overly eager to get the items. After a bit of chit chat with him responding nearly instantaneously to each of my comments, I took a look at his profile. His occupation? Listed as "Detective" at the local police department. After reading that I messaged him that I can give him the physical receipts to the items so he can have them for tax purposes if he wanted them... in which he suddenly lost interest.

Obviously not undercover

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
31 minutes ago, Simon74 said:

recently on eBay, started to use faster more expensive shipping (on me) buy buyers still complained about slow shipping... I guess I will go back to the cheaper slower shipping...

brickpicker_ebay_feb.jpg

Good sold prices on those sets. I'm surprised they didn't sell overnight when at 50% at SaH UK. I got every man and his dog to order 10 for me ?

sold a lot of two Ford keychains, bumper sticker and two inikitty polys for $50 shipped (same coast); unless one values the unikitty and bumper sticker highly, my buy-in was essentially zero since I rec'd a dented box from LEGO Shop at Home which came w/ 2 key chains accidentally...when I opted to return and refund the set, the rep told me to keep the free gifts ?

basically made the personal build set 33% off.

I can tell you what I didn't sell today.... as I look to be the target of an attempted sting operation
Listed hundreds of sets on Facebook from the last Walmart wave that I don't have a ton of confidence in for long term holds. Had a few buyers ding me about everything, but I wouldn't provide them the deal they wanted.
I found it quite interesting.
Ace Brickman, thwarted again.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Haha 1

Sold my last Ewok Village the other day on BL.  My days of selling Star Wars UCS are just about over. Have some Slave I and a couple TIE, and that's it.  Unless they come out with something amazing and original, I don't see myself buying another one to hold.  Cloud City was supposed to be that set, but the giant egg laid on that one was very disappointing.  By the sounds of it, the next few will be more remakes, so more buying one and done by the looks of it.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Sold my last Ewok Village the other day on BL.  My days of selling Star Wars UCS are just about over. Have some Slave I and a couple TIE, and that's it.  Unless they come out with something amazing and original, I don't see myself buying another one to hold.  Cloud City was supposed to be that set, but the giant egg laid on that one was very disappointing.  By the sounds of it, the next few will be more remakes, so more buying one and done by the looks of it.  

word up, I gotta get rid of mine, cant sell ucs sandcrawler for msrp

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

The Star Wars UCS and D2C ship has well and truly sailed.  I'm in similar position.  Got rid of most of my sets and somehow managed to get out with some profit.  Just have 3 Tower Bridges and a 1 Slave one to get rid of. Also have a TH, GE, Ferris Wheel; a Helicarrier and a GBHQ to get rid of, but they were originally bought for personal build.  Thereafter, I will have got rid  of all of the large sets.  Just small sets from now on.