What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 3 years later...
10 hours ago, TacoCat said:

I sold one for $200 FBA earlier this month. Glad to see this set is finally gaining some traction.

I've also heard that the 2nd movie is helping to move the first movie sets...I'm wondering if this is a phenomenon only linked to Lego movies and not other genre movies...will Toy Story, Ghost Buster, and Frozen also ignite sales of prior movie sets?  I think so but additional variables.

Please critique this transaction (which on face values seems pretty good) from start to shipped as I want to learn and improve:
CL transaction, picked up 3 built modulars (Palace Cinema, Detective Office, & Old Fishing Store (not technically a modular, I know)) for $75 ea. ($225 total)
Condition: minor dust but like new and complete w/ booklets and original boxes in excellent condition.
After storing it for 2 months (not sure what i wanted to do) I Priced on ebay $199, $210, $220 all shipped
One buyer (100% rating) wants all 3 for $600 shipped...I looked into shipping (coast to coast) and negotiated $610 (He does not want the original boxes).
Spent 3 hours breaking down and bagging the sets and packing.
Packaged re-use large-size bubble wrap and fixed price Priority Mail Large boxes ($17.50 ea); before you cringe at the priority mail boxes...since weight was not an issue I used a 2nd priority box to reinforce the box so all sides essentially double walled. Taped up like a franchise running-back's ankles
So here's the math:
$610 - fees = $549
$549 - shipping ($53) = $496
$496 - buy-in ($225) = $271
So profit of about $271 or 120%
Did I miss anything and what could I have done better?
Also when faced w/ the facts above would you consider it a good transaction?
Thanks in advance 

1) check eBay fedex price. At around 6 pounds it gets cheaper for me for cross-country shipments.
2) if you're buying sets assembled let the buyer know you have not inventoried the parts, or list them as 99% complete.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1

Sold a 30617 Green Lantern Jessica Cruz polybag on BrickLink for $12.98 that came free with a DVD  (DVD also came with an $8 coupon off the Lego 2 Movie admission).  How much is it again to ship it in a bubble mailer envelope under the new U.S. postal rates?

I am sorry for the shipping rate question and I sound like a newbie.  it has been a long day because our 5-month-old puppy has been missing since late this afternoon.  :( 

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

Don't tell Tabby.. 

Please do, I often have people travelling back to the US with a nearly empty suitcase. I've offloaded mine at break-even since they're tanking in the UK, but I know people who are still struggling to offload theirs. I've asked them to join BP, so hopefully you may see some at RRP or below very soon.

Yeah, Makes not sense. Sea Cow is an amazing set. I have one on my mantel and 2 in the basement. Luckily I didn't go deep on them. But still you shouldn't lose money on it. Like the stock market, not all sets are going to be AAPL.  I would recommend building one if you haven't already.

Guest TabbyBoy
36 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

Yeah, Makes not sense. Sea Cow is an amazing set. I have one on my mantel and 2 in the basement. Luckily I didn't go deep on them. But still you shouldn't lose money on it. Like the stock market, not all sets are going to be AAPL.  I would recommend building one if you haven't already.

I can't agree more, it's a great build and a great display piece in its own right and for steampunk fans. Could it simply be case of too many being made? I did break even on one in a trashed box and that was by parting out.

It's a shame as the RRP is reasonable and you get a good weight of bricks for the money. Maybe the theme just doesn't appeal?

Edited by TabbyBoy