What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 9 years later...

Boxes definitely help move used sets. Plus, you dont get 5 messages a week asking, "Does it have the box?"

Do you see the box in the picture? Did you read the description which states "Sorry, does not include original box"? I'm guessing no and no.

Edit: oops it appears im replying to a much earlier post from Barca.

Guest TabbyBoy

I was going to wait until closer to Xmas to sell my first 3 retired sets but, sold prices look good on eBay and I've listed them today.  I'll hopefully be actually selling something soon.

Flipped a mini Hogwart's express locally to a guy who also bought some action figures from me. 10 bucks for a polybag I paid 3.99 plus tax for a couple weeks ago. Now if I only I could find a bunch more people to buy these for 10 bucks a pop....

If you're talking about the Kraang polybag, I'm sitting on a few too.  I took advantage of the BOGO 50% off and bought a few more.

Flipped a mini Hogwart's express locally to a guy who also bought some action figures from me. 10 bucks for a polybag I paid 3.99 plus tax for a couple weeks ago. Now if I only I could find a bunch more people to buy these for 10 bucks a pop....

It's funny for me seeing the huge amassed pile of that polybag which has been sitting at my Five Below for the past something months. I don't think they could even give em' away. I guess Harry Potter just sells better in certain areas than others. :dontknow:
  • Like 1

It's funny for me seeing the huge amassed pile of that polybag which has been sitting at my Five Below for the past something months. I don't think they could even give em' away. I guess Harry Potter just sells better in certain areas than others. :dontknow:

They sell ok here, the cat just isn't out of the bag yet that 5 Below has a bunch of these. 5 Below is new in my city, they had their Grand opening like 2 months ago. So people that aren't aware they carry the Hogwart's express are still buying them. If 5 Below advertised having these though, flipping them woud be over. That's why I've bought only a few packs and haven't gone nuts with them.

They sell ok here, the cat just isn't out of the bag yet that 5 Below has a bunch of these. 5 Below is new in my city, they had their Grand opening like 2 months ago. So people that aren't aware they carry the Hogwart's express are still buying them. If 5 Below advertised having these though, flipping them woud be over. That's why I've bought only a few packs and haven't gone nuts with them.

Well then, let's keep that a secret here so you can continue flippin' them like there is no flippin' tommorrow! :secret:

That is fantastic. I have 2 but our prices here aren't anywhere near that (though I bought for close to your purchase price)

Sold my last DeLorean, another Captain America set, Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout, Power Armour Lex, Batmobile v Two Face and 2 Minecraft. Looking at that lot it seems the Christmas buying is starting to kick in

Those Capt America sets are incredible.  I have sold over 20 of those and just cant find anymore.  I have a feeling the Avengers and Batman are going to sell like hot cakes this Christmas.

Those Capt America sets are incredible.  I have sold over 20 of those and just cant find anymore.  I have a feeling the Avengers and Batman are going to sell like hot cakes this Christmas.

Are they ever. I have sold over 20 of them as well, though down to my last 5, each made over 200% profit after fees. 

It was a busy day on bricklink. Yay.

10175 UCS Vader's tie advanced (no box)

7888 Batman 1 : Tumbler / Ice Cream truck (sealed)

Vader minifig with the light up lightsaber. (New)

My other 7888 sealed set is on-hold for an Australian AFOL with a $25 deposit. Maybe I should offer a layaway service on Bricklink and eBay. Ha

Also, sold a non-Lego item. 1982 Kenner Star Wars prototype Millennium Falcon from the Micro line.

Maybe Holiday shopping has indeed began.

It was a busy day on bricklink. Yay.

10175 UCS Vader's tie advanced (no box)

7888 Batman 1 : Tumbler / Ice Cream truck (sealed)

Vader minifig with the light up lightsaber. (New)

My other 7888 sealed set is on-hold for an Australian AFOL with a $25 deposit. Maybe I should offer a layaway service on Bricklink and eBay. Ha

Also, sold a non-Lego item. 1982 Kenner Star Wars prototype Millennium Falcon from the Micro line.

Maybe Holiday shopping has indeed began.

How much were you selling the 7888 sets for?

How much were you selling the 7888 sets for?

$575 plus shipping. I would rate the boxes 6.5 to 7 out of 10. A few minor creases. Very hard to find excellent 7888 boxes. Odd size (too deep for a smaller # of elements).

I was getting some bites at $600 last month but nothing panned out.

I have an opened boxed one for my son that I paid $200 for. Stickers never applied. It is a great set (he plays with the Tumbler and it stays together). Looks-wise, It is aging very well.

• Like 1