LUCK when preparation meets opportunity: The story of why I went to 11 WalMarts in a 24 hour period

That is a fantastic story!  I have never had anything even close to this happen to me.  The best I did was about three months ago when I went to a Walmart in the middle of nowhere on my way home from a cabin that my parents go to every year.

This Walmart's clearance Lego section was almost half an aisle!  I couldn't believe it!  I ended up spending right around a thousand dollars, most of which I probably should NOT have spent, but we all know how that goes.  :)

To make a long story short, I left with varying quantities of the following:

Quinjet - $35

Hulk - $35

Mines of Moria - $54

Batcave - $49

Gungan Sub - $49

Gandalf Arrives - $9 (and this was after they were all looong gone in my area) - got 8 of them that day

All in all a very good day.  Nothing compared to the original poster's story though.  I could not imagine finding three Burrows in one place!  Nice score!

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Well done!  I sometimes strike lucky in my 3 nearest Asda stores (owned by Walmart) and Tesco stores.  They seem to have crazy offers that no toy shop or Amazon can ever match.  Several times I've stuffed my car to the rafters on trips like this when I've only gone in for a sandwich or Pot Noodle!  These are normally smaller sets that I flip quickly rather than put on my Brickfolio for the longer haul.  My best find of last year was a 10187 VW Beetle in an old toyshop that was closing down priced at

• 2 months later...

Great find! I got excited for you just thinking about it! I have a little mom and pop store nearby that sell sets from 2005 and on from a wide range of themes. First time i was in there my jaw dropped and i thought i hit the jackpot. Until i looked at the price tags and realized they knew the market all too well :(

I really enjoy reading those stories....happy for you.

Before christmas I decided to find&buy the more HPotter sets I could...In 15 days I spent hours on the web and visiting stores and bought 50 sets (13 Castle, 6 burrow, 6 4867, 6 4865, 4 trains, 2 4866, 4 4738, 8 4737, 1 4730)...hard work but good

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Brickpicker mobile app

Incredible haul! Reminds me of the story of when my friend got me a Monster Fighters The Zombies set for 10 US on clearance at Target for my birthday. And just to make this clear... I have opened it *Gasp from the LEGO Collectors* I have built it *Gasp from the AFOLS* and may have played with it just a bit.. I did want it BEFORE all the crazy hype behind it... I see no reason for that set to shoot up in value. Limited supply sure, but it still sells for 200 US MISB, some things about LEGO I will just never understand.

I really enjoy reading those stories....happy for you.

Before christmas I decided to find&buy the more HPotter sets I could...In 15 days I spent hours on the web and visiting stores and bought 50 sets (13 Castle, 6 burrow, 6 4867, 6 4865, 4 trains, 2 4866, 4 4738, 8 4737, 1 4730)...hard work but good

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Brickpicker mobile app

Were they decent prices?

-I don't always going shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-