Thoughts on the eBay listing?

jgschmieg3

Check out this eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Lot-Variety-/281244592605?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item417b7be9dd

So I contacted the seller to clarify if the sets included in the pictures are included because they do not match what is in the pictures.  Their response was the pictures do not match the list and then quoted be $1000 extra if the Haunted House was included.  LOL!

Check out some of the prices they put on the sets too!

Check out this eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Lot-Variety-/281244592605?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item417b7be9dd

So I contacted the seller to clarify if the sets included in the pictures are included because they do not match what is in the pictures.  Their response was the pictures do not match the list and then quoted be $1000 extra if the Haunted House was included.  LOL!

Check out some of the prices they put on the sets too!

The seller looks relatively new.  They stated they got  prices from Bricklink.  I educated them on this site vs. Bricklink.  They were appreciative and said they will revise the listing. 

That's a train wreck waiting to happen. This seller is obviously in way over their head and has no idea what they are doing. Since this person doesn't have a clue as to what they have and it's true value, I wonder how it got to that point? How did they get so many new sets without knowing anything about them? Is it a family member who inherited a collection due to a tragedy? Could it be a scorned ex-girlfriend or boyfriend selling off their significant other's prized possessions without them knowing? The possibilities boggle my mind. If I was them I would just end this listing and start over. They are only making themselves look more stupid the longer this stays active. Posting their idiotic replies to each question isn't helping the matter either.

• Like 1

That's a train wreck waiting to happen. This seller is obviously in way over their head and has no idea what they are doing. Since this person doesn't have a clue as to what they have and it's true value, I wonder how it got to that point? How did they get so many new sets without knowing anything about them? Is it a family member who inherited a collection due to a tragedy? Could it be a scorned ex-girlfriend or boyfriend selling off their significant other's prized possessions without them knowing? The possibilities boggle my mind. If I was them I would just end this listing and start over. They are only making themselves look more stupid the longer this stays active. Posting their idiotic replies to each question isn't helping the matter either.

And he mentioned BP on one of his responses.  Not sure anyone want to be associated with this listing :sweat:

Perfectly stated. End it now and start over, or wait until he gets his ducks in a row (which may be awhile).

Guest brickcrazyhouse

before I start has anyone plugged in the sets to see what they are actually worth according to bp

oh and how excited do you think they are with all these "views" we're giving the item and having a good laugh

He has 1 bid.

That is the most amazing part to me.  He's going to sell it and think he is good at selling on ebay...until that item not as described case is opened.

Every time eBay creates another stranglehold rule for sellers, look at that listing, imagine millions more just like it, and you'll understand.

I agree 100%.  Although "competition" like this makes good operators look better, it does make them harder to find.