Castle 2013

TheOrcKing

I'm a big fan of the vintage Castle themes but I will admit that these sets have a somewhat elementary feel to them. I doubt I'll like them better than Kingdoms, but I'll likely still give them a chance anyway. I was lucky enough to grab a few kingdoms sets as they were going EOL when I was coming out of my dark age, but I didn't get them all, so this new Castle theme may be the first in which I get the entire wave. Castle does well in the aftermarket anyway, so these sets will be worth looking into regardless.

Personally, I am happy to just have a castle series in production, they can go for a long time without any castle offerings and the fact that they are out puts a smile on my face, I will be picking some up to sell down the road. I really like the kingdom's sets but right now, they only have the joust set, while the design is great, I really like seeing a full lineup.

the 12.99 is a battle and is retail price the castle could be 99.99 but you'll have pletty of time to get them unless you want to flip them fast

The Lego wikia is stating that battle pack is 11.99 MSRP so it's a one dollar TRU markup and the castle they have at 109.99 is supposed to be 99.99.

Guest ph4tb0i

Went for a road trip down to the States this week and just caught the BOGO 50% on TRU which included King's Castle. Hopefully I can get these flipped soon but sitting on them won't be too bad either since I didn't get them at a super high price. Will Castle be exclusive to TRU or will Walmart/Target carry them as well?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think that the new castle theme may be a step up from the kingdoms line. With the reintroduction of a dragon to the theme, it may inspire the designers to be more creative in thier builds, like in the fantasy era line. The only thing that I wasn't thrilled with was the new lion castle and the repeated factions.

I think that the new castle theme may be a step up from the kingdoms line. With the reintroduction of a dragon to the theme, it may inspire the designers to be more creative in thier builds, like in the fantasy era line. The only thing that I wasn't thrilled with was the new lion castle and the repeated factions.

Sorry But i fail to see in what point the Castle 2013 set is better than Castle from Kingdoms....

Not even starting on the Mill Village Raid from Kingdoms which is plain out SUPERB.

This castle line looks like half made kiddo crap...

If I would be 8 again Id pick Black knights and Dragon Knights over this 2013 garbage anyday!

The only thing better looking than 1992 Castle line in 2013 8mind the difference  in years) is the Black Wizard, and even then Majisto has a cooler feel to me.

Guys,

what do you think, how long would be this new Castle series (2-3-years or so?) and should we hope for anything nice, sorta like Medieval Market or Village?

I was so disappointed with this new King's castle that I bought used incomplete 7946 instead :rofl:

Guys,

what do you think, how long would be this new Castle series (2-3-years or so?) and should we hope for anything nice, sorta like Medieval Market or Village?

I was so disappointed with this new King's castle that I bought used incomplete 7946 instead :rofl:

Quite honestly I want them to get canceled after this wave... which is unlikely to happen....

realistically I think this Castle line will last as long as LOTR and Hobbit last. once these 2 lines are out we can expect NEW Kingdoms version soon after.

I've been building a collection of Kingdoms sets but the Castle Market Village fits in there so nicely. I like the Kingdoms sets better than the new Castle theme but I think I'll be adding all of those sets to my collection as well (why not right?). The Mill Village Raid, Chess set and Kingdom's Joust sets are amazing. I've still got to find a King's Castle to round out my Kingdom's collection.

Sorry But i fail to see in what point the Castle 2013 set is better than Castle from Kingdoms....

Not even starting on the Mill Village Raid from Kingdoms which is plain out SUPERB.

This castle line looks like half made kiddo crap...

If I would be 8 again Id pick Black knights and Dragon Knights over this 2013 garbage anyday!

The only thing better looking than 1992 Castle line in 2013 8mind the difference  in years) is the Black Wizard, and even then Majisto has a cooler feel to me.

I don't see why you all hate the new sets so much. The prison carriage is obviously an improvement from the wimpy kingdoms one. The dragon mountain is also a step up from the kingdoms prison tower rescue, and the gatehouse raid is more creative than the outpost attack. Also TLG is providing us with a great set to build the armies of both sides in the forest ambush. What do you have against it?

I don't see why you all hate the new sets so much. The prison carriage is obviously an improvement from the wimpy kingdoms one. The dragon mountain is also a step up from the kingdoms prison tower rescue, and the gatehouse raid is more creative than the outpost attack. Also TLG is providing us with a great set to build the armies of both sides in the forest ambush. What do you have against it?

hmmmmmmmmmmm lets see

1. Heraldry Most notable change comparing to Kingdoms:

Now lets see and remind ourselves on the amazing Dragon knights from Kingdoms line:

IMG_1711.jpg

Do you see how awesome they were/are? Do you see their shield emblem? the precision on it? the design. ???

Now lets see our amazing new army ... how does it look?

20130517-132808-e1368812706902.jpg

Oh ye... do you see their emblem?

big laugh

2. Too shiny medieval design (apart from Mountain) 

Everything seems like its been made yesterday... while Kingdoms castle lacked ancient feeling also, the blue addition makes this castle line look like they are a pair of jokers not soldiers and army.

Now for the battle pack... that is not battle pack...

Battle packs were those:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3Y5p8yDHj1hv442gI4TSQ52SXZkat96TjathDL-OSGXShrwh5SA

Need to say more?

• Like 1