Building an 10181 Eiffel Tower.

jaisonline

Picked one up for $515. It just arrives. Includes all 3 instructions. I'm also trying to figure out a way to get the box which is in below avg condition for next to peanuts.

Anyway, I decided to start with the upper 3rd part.

With all these dark bley elements, I'm started to go "mad". It is frak-in nuts (so many bags). ...and I thought all the white elements drive me crazy while building 10198 (Tantive IV) last week.

I started grouping all the same elements together.

Can't wait to sell this one. However, I need to build it for pics and make sure it is 100 % complete. The last I sold was in the box and had a few sealed bags so I never checked before selling. Plus that buyer is a pretty good / trustworthy seller. This seller is more "shady" and "aloof". Just getting him to mail it 3 days after payment was a hassle. Then it mails it to greeting house. Oh well.

Anyway, this set is about double in size larger than anything I previously built so tips and tricks to make the build go faster is appreciated. Yes, the beer is already bought.

Too bad you are starting at the top. I would stop & start again from the bottom. It's a pretty straight build from the bottom/up - so it is fun too see it keep on going, and going.

By the way, you think that the top is tough - wait until you do the bottom. After the 4 legs of the tower are joined together, it starts to get better.

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse

it separates in thirds so don't start over. If you know all the pieces are there (sealed bags)  I can post a pic of one already built

I started with the top since my time is limited tonight and I have only a small working space using the dining room table. My man cave is currently being used for temp storage of the Cheistmas free and my already built sets waiting for new homes.

One thing that seems to help with such a one-sided color - large set combo is having 2 large bins. While looking for 8 1x4 column posts among 3,400 elements, I was able to grab large amounts of bricks with both hand and place them into the empty bin (sorta like what the gold & silver miners did with strainers). I used this technique with 800+ count sets and it saves time. I was able to find those 8 in about 90 secs.

post-3743-0-36931000-1390082616_thumb.jp

Migration,

Every time I see you name, I think integration (my software project mgt job) and Megatron. Ha

Anyway, if it will available for sale in about a week :)

I can assure you that is not where my name came from;) And there is no way my wife nor my bank account would allow that in my house. Good luck with it.

an ucs space needle would be cool, rotating top. come on lego spies push this idea through the channels

I wish Lego would create a 'major' US piece of history like a 3000+ elements White House, Mt Rushmore, Empire State Blg, Fenway Park or Wrigley (since old Yankee Stadium is gone), Niagara Falls (either country side), Independence Hall in Phila, etc..

• Like 1