10226 - Sopwith Camel

legotrader

I think it will do really well. I thought it was going to do well before it was 50% off, even if you had bought it at full retail, you still would have made at least a solid $100+ before fees. Though the recent craze could affect its performance, the B-Wing will most likely be a $300 set soon after EOL. I am hoping it is something like the Imperial Shuttle or Maersk Train in performance, and I think it might, especially once builders start to realize what a beauty the build is!!

Do me a favor and not be so harsh on the newer members.......give people some time to figure out the forums, point them in the right direction. Not everything has to be an argument ;)

Agreed. I seem to remember a time (and honestly it wasn't even that long time ago) when there was no one who made backhanded, pointed comments at others and it seemed like such a nice place to hang out, but as often is the case in any other forums out there, things like that could change in a hurry with a few sour apples coming into the picture.

Take it easy on the newer members, especially on forums like those. It's *not* like we have hundreds of new posts coming in daily to a point where it's an unmanageable mess.

Do me a favor and not be so harsh on the newer members.......give people some time to figure out the forums, point them in the right direction. Not everything has to be an argument ;)

Agreed. I seem to remember a time (and honestly it wasn't even that long time ago) when there was no one who made backhanded, pointed comments at others and it seemed like such a nice place to hang out, but as often is the case in any other forums out there, things like that could change in a hurry with a few sour apples coming into the picture.

Take it easy on the newer members, especially on forums like those. It's *not* like we have hundreds of new posts coming in daily to a point where it's an unmanageable mess.

I definitely noticed on this forum theres a more respectful theme to this forum. It's also forget that this forum has 13 y/o's buying 5 dollar sets w/ their 3 month saved up money and 28 y/o's like myself w/ a medical degree for the same cause on here.

Maybe members need to do Forum a favor and check before posting also? the guy has 64 posts, I am sure he checked forums if he managed to write 64 posts and i am sure he was on different forums before (likely) and if everyone would open a new thread for everything this would get out of hand instantly.

Its something if you have 2 posts and open a new thread but 64?

Maybe members need to do Forum a favor and check before posting also? the guy has 64 posts, I am sure he checked forums if he managed to write 64 posts and i am sure he was on different forums before (likely) and if everyone would open a new thread for everything this would get out of hand instantly.

Its something if you have 2 posts and open a new thread but 64?

Lighten up a bit? Mmmkay? Let the moderators do the police work - if they think things are out of hand, they'll handle it in their own way, it's not your job to pounce on other members, especially when it's not really warranted for (like I said, it's not like things are even getting out of hand in the first place).

A proper way to phase an answer to the OP's question would be to say..."Yes...I think it's a good/bad investment. By the way, for future reference, just do a quick search. There are multiple threads on this topic...Thanks." Simple. Polite. To the point. Have a nice day. :bug:

This set is going to be a good investment even if purchasing at MSRP. This is a really cool display set!

I agree. Usually really good investments are good even if purchased at MSRP. However, I would still recommend waiting for a discount since it should still be a while before it retires.

while hunting for monster fighters clearance a few weeks ago I came across a sopwith camel sitting by his lonesome on a walmart shelf. seals were intact, and the box was in good shape, so I bought it because I don't have any of these yet. I paid msrp($100), but feel confident it will do well a few years down the road. I am glad I bought it.

• 4 weeks later...

The Lego Sopwith Camel just dropped a few bucks on Amazon.com, down to $95.90.  This is the first time I've seen Amazon discount the Camel in many months.  I've been watching it every day.  Still not enough for me to bite, but we'll see if it drops a little more.  I have one so far I purchased with a $20 off coupon at the Lego Store.

I think the sopwith will still be around in November, so I'm looking forward to buying a couple on black friday. I don't think we'll see any significant discounts on it before then.

Does everything go on sale at the lego store on black friday?  If so, what kind of deals can I expect?  20% off?

Third party fulfilled by Amazon has it at $87.40. Box with slight wear and one small crease, but free shipping and 13% off made me a buyer.

Still two left in case anyone is interested.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on another one as well.  Darn you amazon and LEGO! :growl: