9473 - The Mines of Moria

• 1 month later...

I like to check Amazon prices a couple times a day to make sure I am not missing out on big sales. I have a list of sets I want, and I buy them whenever I see a price that is too good to pass up. I still haven't gotten the Mines of Moria because Amazon doesn't seem to stock it. Any ideas why this would be? It's a new enough set in a popular line, I can't imagine why they wouldn't have it.

I like to check Amazon prices a couple times a day to make sure I am not missing out on big sales. I have a list of sets I want, and I buy them whenever I see a price that is too good to pass up. I still haven't gotten the Mines of Moria because Amazon doesn't seem to stock it. Any ideas why this would be? It's a new enough set in a popular line, I can't imagine why they wouldn't have it.

Back in stock...

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Rings-Hobbit-Mines-Moria/dp/B007Q0OUP8?SubscriptionId=AKIAJQSYTIGRBKVM26KQ&&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B007Q0OUP8

Amazon has had low prices and deals on this set for a long time. I have posted it many times before. Do you have any idea when the last time you saw noticed it was available from them. Has it only been a few days or has it been weeks. Maybe they got cleaned out during the good sales last week? Walmart has a great price right now, only $61.91 with 97 cent shipping. Thats a good deal!

Amazon has been out for at least a few weeks now. When I buy from Amazon, I only buy if the vendor is Amazon. I have grown wary of other sellers because I don't want to risk getting dinged up or smashed boxes. Odds are, I will end up going with Walmart or Target if need be. The real meaning of my question though, was more the curiosity of why they don't have it. It just seems like an odd thing that it's been out of stock for so long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just found Forest Police Station for $57.99 on Mechtoys, as well as Mines of Moria for $59.99. http://www.mechtoy.com/LEGO-City-Police-Forest-Station-4440?language=en&currency=USD&gclid=CN_og5Cu7rQCFQioPAodgCUACA Never ordered from them... Price seems good so I may give it a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

I have picked up two Goblin King Battles and a mines of moria and would like to have several more of each to hold onto if they are worth having, we have a toy store in town with both sets for $65 at the moment. However, both of these sets seem like potential duds to me, except for the exclusive characters, I am not seeing a huge value to them. For this price, are they worth getting? The way I see it, if the set is a dud, getting it for cheap isn't really a good reason to get it, I'd rather spend the money on a full priced set that goes like a hot cake in a couple years than cheap set that might fetch retail price later on. On the other hand, I am a fan of LOTR like many of you are fans of SW and the sets are a dream come true for me so I don't want to miss out on any opportunities with them.