9473 - The Mines of Moria

Guest eightbrick

its $79.99 normal price, can find them on amazon.com with free shipping for $62, thats a 20% discount.

Weakside was talking about canadian pricing, which as you probably know since we complain so much is about 20% higher on all Lego items. And Amazon doesn't ship international on the Mines of Moria. In fact, I think he even said he was at a Canadian Walmart in his post so not entirely sure what you were trying to do... other than make us canucks cry  :crying:*sniff*

I should also point out that for some reason, Mines of Moria doesn't show up on Walmart.com, and thus doesn't let you search for it in the Walmart app (super handy for checking local Walmart pricing).

It's super frustrating as I want to keep an eye on a store that has a ton of them like an hour away from me.

It is likely that (if we get Blarog) and if that Balrog will not be molded but brick built and will be in 40$+ set that we will get additional 2-3 figures with it minimal and one of them would very likely be Boromir in my own humble opinion.

I personally think it would be Aragon Frodo and Gandalf..

It is likely that (if we get Blarog) and if that Balrog will not be molded but brick built and will be in 40$+ set that we will get additional 2-3 figures with it minimal and one of them would very likely be Boromir in my own humble opinion.

If they create Balrog set, then Gandalf with a sword and staff is the logical minifig for it

Guest eightbrick

I should also point out that for some reason, Mines of Moria doesn't show up on Walmart.com, and thus doesn't let you search for it in the Walmart app (super handy for checking local Walmart pricing).

It's super frustrating as I want to keep an eye on a store that has a ton of them like an hour away from me.

I thought you said you use the "accidental displacement" method LOL.

"Hmm... Candy, Candy... What the heck is a Lego set doing behind the black licorice that has been there for 6 months?"

Seriously though, if you didn't hide them just call the store and ask to speak to someone in toys ;)

"Hmm... Candy, Candy... What the heck is a Lego set doing behind the black licorice that has been there for 6 months?"

Seriously though, if you didn't hide them just call the store and ask to speak to someone in toys ;)

I'm a master of accidental displacement, but even I can't sneak away 9 boxes of Mines of Moria's size.

Well, unless it's one of those Walmarts with the shelving units that have a little sealed space underneath the bottom shelf. You can lift those up and put all sorts of junk in there. I don't recommend it, though. It's dirty as all get out in there. Go back and pull out your stash and it'll have some kind of growth on it for sure.

Also, calling this particular Walmart proves very fruitless. They aren't good at speaking to humans.

How big is that black licorice you can hide a Mine of Moria set behind it ?

I personally think it would be Aragon Frodo and Gandalf..

Boromir took Frodo when Gandalf fell Aragorn did nothing in the scene.

If they create Balrog set, then Gandalf with a sword and staff is the logical minifig for it

ofcourse, BUT if they make it a 40$+ set 1 minifig is NOT enough ....  and out of the extra 2-3 Boromir is the most logical fellowship member (after Frodo) since he held Frodo and carried him out of the Mines.

Guest eightbrick

How big is that black licorice you can hide a Mine of Moria set behind it ?

You know, the... eh...Costco variety... ?

I hid a Moria behind some Megablocks World of Warcraft crap at my Wally's. It was the last one but I'm pretty confident that it'll stay there for a while: those WoW sets have been there since forever.

As for 9 of them... good luck, buddy. I wonder what an employee would say if you got down on your knees and grabbed a box from under that sealed place.... o:

I hid a Moria behind some Megablocks World of Warcraft crap at my Wally's. It was the last one but I'm pretty confident that it'll stay there for a while: those WoW sets have been there since forever.

isnt that kind of unethical :P Atleast to me it is.... 

You know, the... eh...Costco variety... ?

As for 9 of them... good luck, buddy. I wonder what an employee would say if you got down on your knees and grabbed a box from under that sealed place.... o:

With how poorly the WoW line of MegaBloks bombed, you'll probably be seeing all that stuff moved to clearance. Hiding toys among toys never works in the long run. Those lines are constantly on the move. You got to hide stuff behind objects that are going to stay where they're at for awhile. Heavy stuff. Garden and Appliance and lighting departments are best.

Guest eightbrick

isnt that kind of unethical :P Atleast to me it is.... 

Yeah, I guess. *adopts hippy voice* "But we're all sinners, bro."

It's not like I'm buying minifig boxes, opening them, looking for what I want , and returning what I don't (there was a huge argument on Brickset over that). Or putting false barcodes on the boxes. Or drop shipping with stolen Credit Cards. etc. etc. ( I can try to justify my actions by pointing out worse ones all day long)

BTW Alcarin I saw your MOC on Eurobricks, nice job!

With how poorly the WoW line of MegaBloks bombed, you'll probably be seeing all that stuff moved to clearance. Hiding toys among toys never works in the long run. Those lines are constantly on the move. You got to hide stuff behind objects that are going to stay where they're at for awhile. Heavy stuff. Garden and Appliance and lighting departments are best.

The WoW has been in the clearance aisle forever, that's what I meant. It's not really a clearance aisle, though, my Walmart is pretty stingy and just has a little clearance corner more like, about a six foot long row of clearanced stuff. So yeah, the WoW stuff has already seen the move. Heck, if the manager was smart, he would have moved that garbage there the day they received 'em LOL

• 4 months later...

Hey all!

Anyone still see these in stores? I've randomly seen them on the shelves of a few Target stores and at a B&******. Target.com has it for $56, with the $5 coupon and RedCard, it's about $52.

Since the first wave is just about done, should I grab the remaining sets I find at the stores?? Seems like the minifigs are still rare for the LotR sets...

Thanks!

Guest eightbrick

Haven't seen one in awhile actually (I obviously didn't do a good enough -or perhaps too good- job hiding the one at Walmart because I can't find it now lol). Need to at least pick one up for myself before it goes :D For 56 I would pick one up for investing, it's pretty safe (but not necessarily amazing potential) given all the minifigures and decent pieces.

I see plenty of them on the shelf still at TRU around here, at full TRU retail though.  I like the set, but I think the play features are silly and distract from the overall look of the model.  I also think that stickers are way overused, they could have used brick built solutions for a lot of them.

I think this set will do well post retirement because of the figures.  The only one I think we'll get a straight reprint of is Boromir.  If we get Pippin again, he'll probably be in Gondorian gear.  Also, if they do another cave troll it will most likely be armored.  I don't think Lego will make separate armor for it, so that means a new troll mold.

Hey all!

Anyone still see these in stores? I've randomly seen them on the shelves of a few Target stores and at a B&******. Target.com has it for $56, with the $5 coupon and RedCard, it's about $52.

Since the first wave is just about done, should I grab the remaining sets I find at the stores?? Seems like the minifigs are still rare for the LotR sets...

Thanks!

I have been to a lot of store lately and I have not seen any of these sets in the stores. All I saw was empty shelves where the set should be.

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed The Mines of Moria is listed as Call for availability. Not retired but probably on its way to being sold out like the other sets in the original series. This set used to be pretty heavily discounted but now it appears they are selling on amazon for at or above retail $79.99 crazy since at one point i was buying them from target for like $50, wish i would have picked up way more. I believe the set has some good potential, several great minifigs but most importantly a cave troll!

~S

Just noticed The Mines of Moria is listed as Call for availability. Not retired but probably on its way to being sold out like the other sets in the original series. This set used to be pretty heavily discounted but now it appears they are selling on amazon for at or above retail $79.99 crazy since at one point i was buying them from target for like $50, wish i would have picked up way more. I believe the set has some good potential, several great minifigs but most importantly a cave troll!

~S

You can still get it for around 55$ with coupon and red card @ Target

This set is an underdog. Never generated much interest since it became available. Looks a tad boring. Retail price prob is a big reason for lack of interst.. Reminds of me of Attack on Weathertop (I like how that set looks).

I honestly have no idea how this set will perform after retirement. Could go either way,