21005 - Fallingwater

allen9917

• 8 months later...

1 hour ago, Nawoo said:

$340 on amazon, but $250 on eBay. do people even buy the sets on amazon for that price?

i sold 2 for $349.99 each 2 weeks ago.  i am almost out of fallingwater.  at some point the ebay price will get dragged up by amazon resellers looking to make an extra fiver.

A few months back, I was sitting at the bottom for 299.99 and it took many months to move it as the bottom dwelling FBM seller.  I don't think many are buying these at that price...  Then of course, the person that bought it scammed me by claiming they didn't recieve it when tracking showed they did. Amazon reimbursed them, but didn't deduct it from my account and said I did nothing wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/09/2017 at 10:28 PM, exciter1 said:

Yes

Damn, ok. I've got 24 Falling waters in Boxes somewhere around my home. Hope they are still in good condition. But I'm based in Singapore, so it's quite impossible for me to sell these on Amazon.. My only option is eBay?

I'll sit on these as long as possible. I think it's going to be a gold mine. 

1 hour ago, Nawoo said:

Damn, ok. I've got 24 Falling waters in Boxes somewhere around my home. Hope they are still in good condition. But I'm based in Singapore, so it's quite impossible for me to sell these on Amazon.. My only option is eBay?

Goldmines can easily disappear with a remake. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nawoo said:

Well, I am basically a builder and I am more interested in the design than having the original box.

So I bricklinked Falling water, and while I was at it I changed the color scheme a bit so that it looks more like the real thing. Cost me slightly more than 100 Euros. There are no special bricks in it.

I suspect that the general price of Lego bricks puts a cap on how much you can ask for a set like this. Well, maybe there are enough collectors that really want the unopened original box.

2 hours ago, Kesh said:

Well, I am basically a builder and I am more interested in the design than having the original box.

So I bricklinked Falling water, and while I was at it I changed the color scheme a bit so that it looks more like the real thing. Cost me slightly more than 100 Euros. There are no special bricks in it.

I suspect that the general price of Lego bricks puts a cap on how much you can ask for a set like this. Well, maybe there are enough collectors that really want the unopened original box.

The cap is supply. Look at the three Architecture sets that are worth the most. They all have common parts but were limited in distribution. Donald Trump is not going to bricklink White House to save money. These are CEO table fillers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

There is also value in the instruction book as it usually contains a good insight into the building. 

And the box if it is a gift.

On the other hand the recent remakes are the main threat to price increases. Burj and GG done twice, Big Bens and Sydneys in small, medium and large.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Isn't the Guggenheim FLW?

True enough. But I don't think the remake was part of the official LEGO Architecture Frank Lloyd Wright Collection. The Guggenheim is a well known public building and the first effort was quite small and a bit crap so a remake made sense. I don't think they could remake Robie, Fallingwater and Farnsworth without making it a FLW 'thing', which they've already done. I could be wrong I suppose. They'll do it if they think it would be profitable. I don't remember these sets being hugely popular at the time, which is one of the reasons why they weren't over hoarded.

Edited by tractorboy

3 hours ago, tractorboy said:

True enough. But I don't think the remake was part of the official LEGO Architecture Frank Lloyd Wright Collection. The Guggenheim is a well known public building and the first effort was quite small and a bit crap so a remake made sense. I don't think they could remake Robie, Fallingwater and Farnsworth without making it a FLW 'thing', which they've already done. I could be wrong I suppose. They'll do it if they think it would be profitable. I don't remember these sets being hugely popular at the time, which is one of the reasons why they weren't over hoarded.

Architecture lost its shine since Imperial Hotel, with the exception of Villa Savoye. In Europe, none of last year´s sets is doing well, Trevi at best is up 30% or so.

Main issue is that target buyer is a small group. Few sold and few bought - if the Chinese aren´t copying them there is a reason.

25 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Architecture lost its shine since Imperial Hotel, with the exception of Villa Savoye. In Europe, none of last year´s sets is doing well, Trevi at best is up 30% or so.

Main issue is that target buyer is a small group. Few sold and few bought - if the Chinese aren´t copying them there is a reason.

The Architecture theme is fine - The problem is the post life hordes that are happy to earn $5 on their investment.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Val-E said:

The cap is supply. Look at the three Architecture sets that are worth the most. They all have common parts but were limited in distribution. Donald Trump is not going to bricklink White House to save money. These are CEO table fillers.

Well, maybe they should see my versions, because these are even more unique. :-)

• 3 years later...
11 hours ago, Nawoo said:

Damn, i bought 25 of these for $60 a few years ago when it retired and forgot about them. 

Checked Amazon today and they are selling for $660?? Ebay is selling for $440

Best investment ever

Forgot about 25 pcs, I once in a while find 2-3 sets which I misplaced but 25 pcs 😄, you have to have a really big stock.✌️

• Haha 1