21005 - Fallingwater

allen9917

...and this means what? ;)

Yes, its done....i am absolutely sure about that.

You're kind of new around here aren't you?

Being absolutely sure because you have inside information you choose not to share is almost as bad as stating your opinion/belief as an actual fact when in fact you probably don't know more than the rest us.

Why is it frowned upon? Because there are many people who read these forums who aren't quite as informed or perhaps a little on the gullible side and there is no place for misleading people on this forum.

• Like 6

I remember over the weekend calling our local Lego store, and asked if they had any in stock.  But the employee told me they won't be receiving anymore shipments of it anymore. (Taken with a big grain of salt of course.)  It doesn't necessarily mean it's gone right this minute, but it's most likely a good sign it's on it's last leg.  So I bought one online before it does actually retire.

I remember over the weekend calling our local Lego store, and asked if they had any in stock.  But the employee told me they won't be receiving anymore shipments of it anymore. (Taken with a big grain of salt of course.)  It doesn't necessarily mean it's gone right this minute, but it's most likely a good sign it's on it's last leg.  So I bought one online before it does actually retire.

Yeah that's what my Lego store told me. A year ago. He was right though, THEY never had it again.

Another big grain of salt but an interesting one.  I was at a Legoland Discovery Center which strangely flagged all the set numbers in each line that were to be discontinued in 2014.  The architecture line flagged SOH, ESB and.....Fallingwater.  I'm not sure where they got that information, could just mean they weren't expecting to receive more in 2015.  This list I saw is somewhere in the retiring soon open speculation thread I believe.

Another big grain of salt but an interesting one.  I was at a Legoland Discovery Center which strangely flagged all the set numbers in each line that were to be discontinued in 2014.  The architecture line flagged SOH, ESB and.....Fallingwater.  I'm not sure where they got that information, could just mean they weren't expecting to receive more in 2015.  This list I saw is somewhere in the retiring soon open speculation thread I believe.

I think that is accurate. Just wonder how many FW Amazon and B&****** got from that last 51R4 run.

Who knows how reliable it is, but for comparisons sake - SAH went out of stock with Farnsworth House in... April. B&******.com still has them, and they still float in and out of stores. I hope Fallingwater doesn't repeat that cycle, but I can't exactly say I would be surprised if it did. Arch sets are HUGE sellers at B&******, I was really surprised when I saw how many my local store had piled high pre Christmas, and even more surprised to see they all sold. So they may have a good stock of these piled up. I still think it's a great set and will show good returns, it is just a question of when.

Robie house went out of SAH Dec 2013, and I think by Feb 2014 B&****** was gone - a much higher price point, as Fallingwater is more expensive than Farnsworth, so who knows.

I will say this, if White House ever shows signs of EOL, I may buy a million of them.

• Like 1

I don't think you can compare Farnsworth House to Fallingwater from a desirability perspective among architecture fans. So I would be surprised to see it linger quite as long.

Even if it sticks around it will be a big winner, any time I question the architecture line it always surprises me, like Burj Khalifa being a boring stack of round pieces and people paying $85-90 for it this Christmas anyway.

FW will not be orderable past April through Merlin.  Usually a very good indicator when something will dry up.  From past experience the item is usually sold out or backordered from LEGO a few months before Merlins last orderable date which is what we have been seeing.  Usually once Merlins last order date passes you can see them linger for another month or two from found stock from there facility before they are finally gone.