Future sets, themes, or licenses you would like to see

Guest TabbyBoy

With the new Maersk cargo ship, I'd like to see a UCS ship theme.  Can you imagine how awesome the Titanic, Great Eastern and Mississippi steamers would look for example?  Of course, make smaller models also that float for playability.  This way, Kids and AFOLs are catered for.

• 3 months later...

With the Ghostbusters announcement today (and a little inspiration from a similar thread on another forum), I thinking about what licenses I'd like to see LEGO tackle.  Here are mine, off the top of my head:

1. Doctor Who

2. Voltron

3. Robotech (Macross)

4. Battle of the Planets (Gatcheman)

Those are only pipe dreams, but I can dream, can't I?

Wouldn't it have to be 'Masters of the Universe'? Or do you just want a bunch of He-Man minifigs?

The whole line, my friend. Castle Greyskull, Snake Mountain, Eternia, all of the awesome figs and vehicles. Holy nostalgia and playability, Batman! There was a MOC with all of this posted a few months back. The pictures looked amazing.

• Like 2

Always wanted a Sports theme. An NHL license would be really cool, but that`s never going to happen. 

For investment, almost anything based on a successful film would be great. I`d love to have seen more Indiana Jones sets then the one`s previously released. Again, Lego won`t do it, but Game of Thrones would also be pretty great. A reboot to their forest men theme from the 80s/90s would be great as well, and more realistic castles. Some of the MoCs you can find of castle stuff is just incredible. There are some seriously talented individuals out there, and I envy all of their building skills  :thumbsup: Not licenses obviously, but still. Halo would be neat, the Mega Bloks line sucks, so does Star Trek. Both would make great Lego themes in a perfect world. 

Jurassic Park without a doubt, childhood favourite. Too bad Kre-o or someone has the license :( Generic Dino themes just don't have the same effect as the real deal.

That Jurassic Park Cuusoo with the T-rex/gate/car a couple months back looked amazing. 

I second that. JP would be great to have Lego add. The Dino sets are really neat, but they aren`t official JP. Pity we won`t see them anytime soon, if ever. 

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse

1. the rest of the x-men ***-damn it two or three a year blows and a stan lee would be nice

2.disney 
3. naruto

4. wild c.a.t.s

Guest eightbrick

Always wanted a Sports theme. An NHL license would be really cool, but that`s never going to happen. 

They would probably get a deal going and then at the last minute it would collaspe because Gary Bettman decides he wants a 10% royalty on every set... :lol:

So many great ideas.  I'll add The Fifth Element, Pern, and Hunger Games.  I'm also looking forward to the next underwater theme, a la Aqua Raiders or Atlantis.  I know I'm in the minority there.

You aren't alone. I love water themes too  :thumbsup:

TV shows... they could get a deal with one of the big networks and do a bunch at once... although they probably would make better one-and-done D2C sets for AFOLs.

Guest eightbrick

Good to see I'm not the only one who liked the Lego aquatic.

Oh yeah. To heck with investment potential, I'll take all your Aquazone, Aquaraiders, Atlantis and Divers!

Which brings me to another license dream license (probably would work best as a Cuusoo set)... I want the Alvin submarine in Lego (or Nautile). I think a lot of people missed out on Shinkai 6500 and Alvin is more known anyways... and Nautile is more attractive in classic yellow. Either one would be awesome! Alternately, Lego could go fiction style and give us the subs from the Abyss :D

Oh yeah. To heck with investment potential, I'll take all your Aquazone, Aquaraiders, Atlantis and Divers!

Which brings me to another license dream license (probably would work best as a Cuusoo set)... I want the Alvin submarine in Lego (or Nautile). I think a lot of people missed out on Shinkai 6500 and Alvin is more known anyways... and Nautile is more attractive in classic yellow. Either one would be awesome! Alternately, Lego could go fiction style and give us the subs from the Abyss :D

I want Captain Nemo's Nautilus.

At-The-Pole-BIG.jpg

• Like 1

Still want a large Modular White House and they could add President mini figures and build other large scale models Congress, Lincoln memorial, Capital building, etc.

Also Wizard of Oz, Breaking Bad, X-Files, LOST, and Goonies would all be awesome as would a Rock Music mini figure series which I mentioned in a previous thread months back.