21020 - Trevi Fountain

jaisonline

• 1 year later...
Guest TabbyBoy

It's on Back Order in the UK so is probably for the chop soon. It's quite a cute set and I do have a few stashed away. John Lewis have 19 in stock which isn't many.

Edited by TabbyBoy

2 hours ago, Seeyounexttuesday said:

One. Limit says ten for me at uk shop too

That's weird. It seems to be similar to my experience ordering WALL-E yesterday. That set was available when I ordered it but then I got an e-mail telling me it's on backorder. I guess LEGO Shop at Home still has potential for improvement.

35 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

That's weird. It seems to be similar to my experience ordering WALL-E yesterday. That set was available when I ordered it but then I got an e-mail telling me it's on backorder. I guess LEGO Shop at Home still has potential for improvement.

Just so you know, I placed the order on the last day of the London bus promo. I ordered the architecture Big Ben (small one) and Trevi fountain. Big Ben and the London bus shipped a couple of days ago and the Trevi fountain cancelation email arrived today

Edited by Seeyounexttuesday

7 hours ago, Seeyounexttuesday said:

Just so you know, I placed the order on the last day of the London bus promo. I ordered the architecture Big Ben (small one) and Trevi fountain. Big Ben and the London bus shipped a couple of days ago and the Trevi fountain cancelation email arrived today

Now I'm tempted to order a Trevi Fountain myself, just to see what happens.

1 hour ago, Seeyounexttuesday said:

I only buy to build, so I don't think I can aford to wait around 

Get it elsewhere then. SAH are allowing backorder but they are cancelling them so don´t wait too long or you´ll struggle to find it  in any shop if it does retire.

Edited by Val-E

38 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Has anyone received a Trevi Fountain from a recent order yet? I wonder why they were taking orders while not being able to fulfill them, and now it's said to be back in stock - so DO they or DON'T they have sets in the warehouses to ship to customers at the moment?

They need to develop a "We have no idea what we are doing" tag for SAH. Trouble is it would become the default. No use calling them to check, they are closed today. Is it a public holiday in North Korea?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Pako said:

Hi,

I can get 3 x 21020 Trevi Fountain for 34.15 euros each, take it or leave it ?

Thanks

It's only a question you can answer and I know what I would do! Do your own research and look at recent sold prices and this should give you some indication of future performance. However, don't miss the selling window as prices can fall as well as rise. A bit like a "parabola" ;-)

On 05/12/2016 at 4:56 AM, BarryZola said:

I can see this going up to around £70-80 before fees/tax etc within several months (that would be a promising start). I think this may have caught a few of the usual mega-horde off guard.

This along with the White House and Lincoln Memorial is the most prolific set I have. I went in H-U-G-E on these.

Thanks TabbyBoy, I know you got a "few", I know it's retired and I know it sells for 60-70 euros at the moment from what I see and can hope for 100 soonish maybe.

So it isn't bad price and shouldn't stay in the cupboard for too long.

Edited by Pako

26 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's only a question you can answer and I know what I would do! Do your own research and look at recent sold prices and this should give you some indication of future performance. However, don't miss the selling window as prices can fall as well as rise. A bit like a "parabola" ;-)

This along with the White House and Lincoln Memorial is the most prolific set I have. I went in H-U-G-E on these.

Just to be sure, since I am not convinced by now: Did you buy many Trevis?

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
24 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Just to be sure, since I am not convinced by now: Did you buy many Trevis?

Yes, you could say that ;-) Don't worry, I want top $ on eBay so no QFLLing from me!

If I get back into it next year, the Eiffel Tower is next on my hit list.

21020 TV has recently been selling for AUD 150.00 in Australia which is about £88 (already 3.5x my buy-in). This is why I'll be listing mine Worldwide. If the Aussies want to pay through the nose, it may as well be my nose, right?

The 21006 WH will be another biggie I think.

Edited by TabbyBoy