City - general discussion

TheOrcKing

For sake of variety especially when it comes to the areas of racing, Lego could use more sponsors in their world besides Octan. I know from watching The Lego Movie that Octan was the mega conglomerate of everything but there still needs to be some other brands in the mix at least for some creative realism. That's one good reason why I was happy looking at last year's City sets with Monster Truck Transporter and Stunt Plane as they added a new element of "Airborne Spoilers" finally giving us a different team to the scene. Their bright orange and red suits with a black helmet give a nice color scheme for grand prix events among other things. Now if only Lego would come up with at least two more

For sake of variety especially when it comes to the areas of racing, Lego could use more sponsors in their world besides Octan. I know from watching The Lego Movie that Octan was the mega conglomerate of everything but there still needs to be some other brands in the mix at least for some creative realism. That's one good reason why I was happy looking at last year's City sets with Monster Truck Transporter and Stunt Plane as they added a new element of "Airborne Spoilers" finally giving us a different team to the scene. Their bright orange and red suits with a black helmet give a nice color scheme for grand prix events among other things. Now if only Lego would come up with at least two more

LEGO city needs more Bank/Museum and regular house type of sets....

Agreed. The 'great vehicles' Lego have been releasing like the Tow Truck or Camper Van are good but there needs to be more civilian related designs. I get the constant releases for Police but for sake of reality, there needs to be something for the crooks to steal, right? It can't always be the same "they got away" sketch every time. I mean how droll.

Why ? Octan will eventually buy up all other competitors or price them out of business... :P

Well even if they were subsidiaries, having different brands could give us a larger selection of colors beside just white, green, and sometimes red.

Guest TabbyBoy

Anything but more Fire/Police sets, even a hospital would make a nice change.  I think Town Square was a step in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

A zoo. Why can't LEGO create zoo sets that are not DUPLO ?

This would be a gold mine.

$99 big zoo

$49-$79 different enclosures to expand zoo

$12.99-$29.99 different animals

They could even do polybags of smaller animals (birds, monkeys, etc etc)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 3

I would like to see a Safari theme or offshoot. Perhaps even an Outback style with touring jeeps and stuff. Course we just had something like this with Friends though but still would be nice to see something less cutesy with the baby animals and feature more adult critters of lions, tigers, and zebras (oh my).

• Like 1

This would be a gold mine.

$99 big zoo

$49-$79 different enclosures to expand zoo

$12.99-$29.99 different animals

They could even do polybags of smaller animals (birds, monkeys, etc etc)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

I rekon, I would love to see it too. Also it can add a lot more elements like cafe, souvenir shop and so on.  

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, deathofsuperman said:

The sets I've tested with BrinkLink and BrickSet have been way off. I even have multiples that match but are different from the sites.

I believe what I have noticed is that possibly, and I could be wrong, is that the sites don't include the weight of the box.  I wanted to know the same thing for a set and they said 15 oz's, but when weighed at home it was 1 lb 8 oz.  which to me seems plausible that the box would weigh about 8 oz.  Just a thought.  

Edited by LegoMan1212