x5 Captain America Cycle for $35 each... Yay or Nay?...

Leopard_7

Hey Guys,

So I have the ability to pickup x5 captain america avenging cycle's for $35 each, I'm looking for a good quick flip and I've seen recent listings go for around $40-65 AUD on Ebay. Anyway tell me what you think, cause I'm really not sure due to the new captain america set coming which may drive prices down.

Hey Guys,

So I have the ability to pickup x5 captain america avenging cycle's for $35 each, I'm looking for a good quick flip and I've seen recent listings go for around $40-65 AUD on Ebay. Anyway tell me what you think, cause I'm really not sure due to the new captain america set coming which may drive prices down.

If this was available to sell in the US/Canadian Market, absolutely I`d say no dice. Not familiar with the Aussie market though, only that the prices are very high. There are several Australian members who would know much more about your local market area than me. What I do know is that the new Captain America set has a different version of him. It`s a different colour. Some have speculated that this will hurt the value of the CAAC set, but others not so much. One key thing to consider is that the price of each set. Over here the Avenging Cycle sells for about $30+ or so, plus shipping, that`s from an initial MSRP of $15.99 (if my memory serves correctly). The new set will retail for $30 at the most (I believe $25). People IMHO are unlikely to pay more money for this version when they can get a superior set for less money. Assuming this is going to be the case over there as well, the results could potentially be the same. If you are buying in at this high a price and you are confident you can sell for at least $50-$55+ accounting for fees, then I`d buy them and flip immediately. Based on the math, you could make as much as $10 a piece for a quick $50 total. The new sets are due out soon though, so it`s a risk, but may be worth taking if you consider that. Probably best to just pass though, much safer/smarter at this point. Just my $0.02  :thumbsup:

If this was available to sell in the US/Canadian Market, absolutely I`d say no dice. Not familiar with the Aussie market though, only that the prices are very high. There are several Australian members who would know much more about your local market area than me. What I do know is that the new Captain America set has a different version of him. It`s a different colour. Some have speculated that this will hurt the value of the CAAC set, but others not so much. One key thing to consider is that the price of each set. Over here the Avenging Cycle sells for about $30+ or so, plus shipping, that`s from an initial MSRP of $15.99 (if my memory serves correctly). The new set will retail for $30 at the most (I believe $25). People IMHO are unlikely to pay more money for this version when they can get a superior set for less money. Assuming this is going to be the case over there as well, the results could potentially be the same. If you are buying in at this high a price and you are confident you can sell for at least $50-$55+ accounting for fees, then I`d buy them and flip immediately. Based on the math, you could make as much as $10 a piece for a quick $50 total. The new sets are due out soon though, so it`s a risk, but may be worth taking if you consider that. Probably best to just pass though, much safer/smarter at this point. Just my $0.02  :thumbsup:

Just saying but I'm pretty sure that it was 12.99  :sorcerer:

Thanks for that, really tossing this one up, if it was $30 no brainer but for $35 I have no idea, I think MSRP was approx $25 and a price of around $50 looks pretty standard. Aussie market can be tough though, sometimes it's on par with US other times much higher. I'm definitely heading towards a pass.

Definitely some holiday inflation there, as recent sales have pushed lower and $50-60 is more likely without even factoring in any price stablisation/dropping with the newly released set. Throw that in with your ebay fees plus time involved, is it worth the hassle?

Definitely some holiday inflation there, as recent sales have pushed lower and $50-60 is more likely without even factoring in any price stablisation/dropping with the newly released set. Throw that in with your ebay fees plus time involved, is it worth the hassle?

Yeah probably not, guess if I took it, it would only be for being able to have them in hand and getting more positive feedback :P