• Grand Emporium
    • Pet Shop
    • Town Hall
    • Palace Cinema
    • Parisian Restaurant
    • Detective's Office
    • Brick Bank
    • Assembly Square

I'm really hoping a vibrant color for this next modular. The GE, TH, PC all had the same beige/orange orange color to them. You don't know how happy I was with the color scheme with the PR. I'm hoping for another blue modular or something. I enjoy the vibrant colors, it catches the eye more, and maybe the eye of some buyers...

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Friends Modular Street'' target='_blank'>Friends Modular Street>Friends Modular Street

from the blurred pics that were releases it looks like another reddish brown building.  I was hoping for some color to.

Friends Modular Street'' target='_blank'>Friends Modular Street>Friends Modular Street

from the blurred pics that were releases it looks like another reddish brown building.  I was hoping for some color to.

I'm confused? This is a friends modular moc. Were there any leaked images?

I think brickcrazyhouse posted the Friends modulars link in response to Mynatt's desire to see more color vibrancy in the next design. As for the rumored Detective Agency, no actual images have been released. People are confusing the made up banner used on Groovebricks' post as though it were of the real set when it is not. Again, here's the proof.

• 1 month later...

I just saw this thread... completely missed it.

I voted for Green Grocer as my favorite. Unfortunately I do not own one. But maybe in the future I will. It seems I ave to hurry though. Cause the price of this one is still rising every minute.

The less favorite for me is the Palace Cinema. When I built it I found there are too less seats in the movie theatre. I think this one should have been bigger. Two baseplates to be exact. So the sala could be bigger and with more seats.

Favorite:

1. Parisian Restaurant :heart: :heart: :heart: So much details, great exclusives pieces, color scheme... and... Ratatouille is one of my favorite animated film !

2. Cafe Corner, awesome design with classic bricks, it's a really great lego creation :drool:

3. Palace Cinema, with its vintage look. :D I admit the inside is disappoiting (few seats) but I really love the outside.

Least Favorite:

1. Fire Brigade :getlost: It's half grey and half red (more red would have been better), the inside has poor details to make room for the fire truck, few floors (1st and 2nd floor, whereas many other modulars have a third floor), the building has little depth (that point is very disappointing), etc. Some details (cute truck, the bell...) are nice but overall I don't like it. And because the TH looks like a bigger FB to me (same kind of building), it doesn't help me to appreciate that FB.

2. Market Street, not a big fan of this one... it looks more like a 3 in 1 creator. :ermm:

3. Hard to tell... maybe the Pet Shop, but I still like it. :)

Edited by biniou

Favorite:

1. Parisian Restaurant :heart: :heart: :heart: So much details, great exclusives pieces, color scheme... and... Ratatouille is one of my favorite animated film !

2. Cafe Corner, awesome design with classic bricks, it's a really great lego creation :drool:

3. Palace Cinema, with its vintage look. :D I admit the inside is disappoiting (few seats) but I really love the outside.

Least Favorite:

1. Fire Brigade :getlost: It's half grey and half red (more red would have been better), the inside has poor details to make room for the fire truck, few floors (1st and 2nd floor, whereas many other modulars have a third floor), the building has little depth (that point is very disappointing), etc. Some details (cute truck, the bell...) are nice but overall I don't like it. And because the TH looks like a bigger FB to me (same kind of building), it doesn't help me to appreciate that FB.

2. Market Street, not a big fan of this one... it looks more like a 3 in 1 creator. :ermm:

3. Hard to tell... maybe the Pet Shop, but I still like it. :)

You're biased frenchie ;)

• Like 3

My new favorite is Parisian Restaurant.  It has amazing detail and the build is fun throughout.  Pet Shop would be my least favorite, but I don't dislike it at all.

I have the entire line on display on top of my desk and love all the colors that they have used for the different buildings.  It definitely sets them apart from any other line.

I'll only rank the ones I have:

1: Green Grocer. Love the design of the building and the first one with microbuilds inside. 10/10

2/3 (tied): Parisian Restaurant & Pet shop. Tremendous amount of detail. 9.9/10

4: Fire Brigade. Still excellent but less detail on the inside. 9.7/10

5: Grand Emporium. Exterior and first/ground floor are good but could have used more interior detail on the top two floors and they are also a bit repetitive buildwise,9.3/10

6: Town Hall. For some reason I find the design of this a little less imaginitive. 9/10.

7: Palace Cinema. Still a nice set to have but I like it least for two reasons: 1. the Hollywood Boulevard look makes me feel it doesn't really fit in well with the rest which have a more classic look. 2: stickers. 8.5/10

I'm curious to see the Detective Agency.

I haven't built a single modular (yet).  I've got used ones in my garage that I'm going to build (got to check the brick inventory, right?).  I do like the look of the Cafe Corner.  Wish I had that one to build.  I think it's Town Hall then Fire Brigade for me.  I don't have a TH to build (unless I crack open one I had in stock, which I may do).  I always wanted TH for my Winter Village.

I'm curious to see the Detective Agency.

I haven't built a single modular (yet).  I've got used ones in my garage that I'm going to build (got to check the brick inventory, right?).  I do like the look of the Cafe Corner.  Wish I had that one to build.  I think it's Town Hall then Fire Brigade for me.  I don't have a TH to build (unless I crack open one I had in stock, which I may do).  I always wanted TH for my Winter Village.

Go for it. My  reasoning is, if you keep your set in good condition with box, you'll be able to sell it for a profit and have the joy of building and displaying it. We shouldn't forget that we're AFOL next to investors. And cracking open a new box saves you the trouble and stress if there are any missing bricks. Pure fun.

My Ranking:

1. Green Grocer - the set that all other modular sets should hope to be.

2. Cafe Corner - when I first built this, for some reason I wasn't impressed. It really is a fantastic display and ages beautifully, like a fine wine.

3. Palace Cinema

4. Double Grand Emporium

5. Fire Brigade

6. Pet Shop - Don't like it but at least it is a complete building.

7. Market Street - it is half a building and that half seems cramped.

Town hall is waiting to be built and I will pick up the restaurant over the holidays, I love the detail in it.

Build order is odd (all in the last 10 months

1. PC

2. FB

3. CC

4. GE1

5. PS

6. MS/GG simultaneously.

8. GE2

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Hey guys I have all modulars except first 3 on display but none still in boxes. Which one should I get to invest? Are they all retiring at the same time ? Except newest two. Because went on lego and all sold out? Ps, GE and TH.

They should not all be retiring at the same time. Right now, the next modular in line to retire is the GE, but there has been rumors of the TH retiring this year too. If you really want to be sure that you have some to sell later, buy a GE and TH if you can. You can worry about the PS next year.