• Grand Emporium
    • Pet Shop
    • Town Hall
    • Palace Cinema
    • Parisian Restaurant
    • Detective's Office
    • Brick Bank
    • Assembly Square

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but not sure where to ask it...

Isn't this the time of year when they normally announce the new modular?  

(Hopefully it's not as bad as the Winter village announcement.)

I'm guessing at least a rumor should start going around in the next couple of months. Lately LEGO has been more tightlipped with these Expert releases until the official unveiling. Even the list that slipped out a month back included some of next year's Creator sets but did not have anything from the Expert subtheme listed. Best speculation from the traditional pattern formed over the years would indicate the next modular will be a corner unit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm not going to repeat the entire thing here, but the current rumor for the next modular is this:

The set will be presented on Monday, it contains 2380 pieces and MSRP in France will be 150-160 Euros

It is a corner building, mainly white and grey with sand green windows with a lot of ornaments/details on the facade. It is a Bank with a laundromat next to it.

I guess we might find out on Monday.  The bank next to a laundry mat, according to the rumor, will have some playability that allows for thieves to rob the bank and then "launder" their money at the laundry mat.

• Like 4

I'm not going to repeat the entire thing here, but the current rumor for the next modular is this:

Well at least that fits right into the pattern LEGO seems to have established over these past years in their line of modular house type of builds. A commercially zoned corner unit with two businesses. "Mainly white and gray with sand green windows". Hmm, that sounds like a design I may have spotted before. I can only think of one laundromat modular that popped up on Eurobricks....and speaking of laundromat, I was reminded of this.

• Like 1

I have updated the thread poll to include Brick Bank since it is official now and fixed a few things in the main post while I was at it seeing how a couple of ideas members came up with regarding what they would like to see as a future modular house have come true (barber shop, city bank, & laundry outlet to be specific).

I have updated the thread poll to include Brick Bank since it is official now and fixed a few things in the main post while I was at it seeing how a couple of ideas members came up with regarding what they would like to see as a future modular house have come true (barber shop, city bank, & laundry outlet to be specific).

How does the poll work? If one has voted before and now changes his or her favorite, does that change the poll results?

• Like 1

How does the poll work? If one has voted before and now changes his or her favorite, does that change the poll results?

The numbers would have changed. There used to be a "Delete vote" button at the base of a poll allowing a person the ability to change their vote later on. I speculate a member's vote for a specific topic was saved as part of their profile or maybe the vote is saved into the topic's data itself. Under the current forum system though there doesn't seem to be the option to revote anymore.

• Like 1

Just a thought but what about adding something like "of the modulars still in production, what is your favorite & least favorite?" Which hopefully, the available choices would be changing. Because some people's favorite that isn't in production is nice to know but wouldn't it be handy to know how popular "by choice" the available ones are? Rather than oldest seeming more popular simply because we're depleting them...?

• Like 1

Dear comrades and investors,

I am pretty new to the investing in LEGO and made my first purchase for investment purposes only 2.5 weeks ago.

Extensive forum run helped me to find the most promising sets, at least as I see them now. One of obvious directions - modular buildings. I see a lot of messages, comparing sets growth after retirement, but it does not reveal the whole picture for me, since I am not in the USA and new to the subject. 

That's why I would like to consolidate the certain information and would be glad if you participate. For every modular being out of production I need the following information:

- First appearance in stores (MM.YYYY) 

- First signs of being out of stock, irregular delivery, etc. (MM.YYYY) 

- The period, when the set disapperred completly

- The date, when set was officially claimed retired (MM.YYYY) 

After gathering information I will be able to make a chart for every modular, so it will be easier to see a trend. Outliers will explained by sudden disappearance (TH), or other circumstance you are for sure aware of. 

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Denigio

Just a thought but what about adding something like "of the modulars still in production, what is your favorite & least favorite?" Which hopefully, the available choices would be changing. Because some people's favorite that isn't in production is nice to know but wouldn't it be handy to know how popular "by choice" the available ones are? Rather than oldest seeming more popular simply because we're depleting them...?

The poll limits the number of questions and the list of answers for each thus adding anything more to the current one would be impossible. On that note, I could replace this poll's primary question with your idea and limit the options to what is readily available then at the start of each year reset the results and if need be change the answers selectable. With Brick Bank added, the present options are now over the half way mark to meeting the limit so the poll might have to go that way regardless to stay within reason for the forum system. In any case, the people's choice of still in production modular house sets is an interesting question for the topic itself.

• Like 2

Since 10251 BB is a corner set, I wonder if PC will finally get the boot?

Yeah, might do but we went through all of that in the spring so I think most people here are fed up with PC retirement talk and it is still in stock on both sides of the pond.

They still can´t seem to give us PR´s though, no advance on 30 days shipment.....

• 2 months later...

Welp,modulars are either flat-lining, declining, or not retiring lately, so I might as well pop one open. Pet Shop or Palace Cinema and why?

Palace cinema.

1- I don't like the buildings that cram two into one as the interiors are too small.

2- the 's' on the pet sign irritates me (all S signs do)

3- the palace cinema was a more enjoyable build, but also simpler, except for the roof facade and sign.

42 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Palace cinema.

1- I don't like the buildings that cram two into one as the interiors are too small.

2- the 's' on the pet sign irritates me (all S signs do)

3- the palace cinema was a more enjoyable build, but also simpler, except for the roof facade and sign.

Good call on the tiny rooms. That is one of my biggest gripes about the simpson house.

i have ambition to create my own movie posters and possibly modify the interior to make this one my own.

• 2 months later...

I found this remarkable and quite unexpected! In the large (more than 60,000 members) LEGO Community on Google+ I put up a poll asking people to vote for favourite Advanced Modular building from the five currently available (i.e. not officially Retired) sets. The result really surprised me:

56e164be6e652_RankingModulars.png.de5c39

Mind you: these people who voted are not resellers but kids, teenagers and adults who play with Lego and enjoy building sets and MOCs.

I'm really stunned about the overwhelming preference for Detective's Office where I had expected a much larger liking for Parisian Restaurant. Even Palace Cinema got more votes than the restaurant!

Does anyone here have a good explanation for this remarkable result?

• Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:22 AM, Haay said:

I found this remarkable and quite unexpected! In the large (more than 60,000 members) LEGO Community on Google+ I put up a poll asking people to vote for favourite Advanced Modular building from the five currently available (i.e. not officially Retired) sets. The result really surprised me:

Mind you: these people who voted are not resellers but kids, teenagers and adults who play with Lego and enjoy building sets and MOCs.

I'm really stunned about the overwhelming preference for Detective's Office where I had expected a much larger liking for Parisian Restaurant. Even Palace Cinema got more votes than the restaurant!

Does anyone here have a good explanation for this remarkable result?

More people in that community probably have the DO than any other set. Why would I think that? Because BB came in second. Those two sets have had more recent advertising in the LEGO community than any other.

• Like 1