• Grand Emporium
    • Pet Shop
    • Town Hall
    • Palace Cinema
    • Parisian Restaurant
    • Detective's Office
    • Brick Bank
    • Assembly Square

how can modulars be had for $105 each? I've never seen them less than $120 pretax...

I'm not really sure how he did it but you can do many things to catch rewards and extra savings.

1. ******.com. I have been using this for a while and have really been stacking up some change with it. Currently they offer 3% back on lego.com purchases and sometimes 5% for wal-mart/target purchases

2. Websites like plastic jungle give you the chance to purchase gift cards to stores like Target for a discount. I recently purchased a 500.00 gift card to Target for 6% off, doesn't sound like much but that is 30.00 discount!

3. Currently my Chase credit card offers 5% cash back at grocery stores and Target and Wal-Mart are both listed as such. Also I get 1% cash back for all other purchases

So, taking the above you can purchase a gift card from plasticjungle.com (and lets just use my example) and get a 500.00 gift card for 470.00 using the credit card that offers 1% cash back. You now have a 500.00 gift card that you technically paid $465.30 for. (Granted the 1% comes a month later, but still). You go to ******.com sign into your account, open Target's page and go to target.com through ****** and then you purchase your modular's.

Seems like a lot of work but it's really not. You can get e-gift cards through plastic jungle.com so everything can go down in less than 24hrs

how can modulars be had for $105 each? I've never seen them less than $120 pretax...

I've bought FB for $105 and less at Amazon Warehouse. Last year, Walmart had some crazy sales on all modulars, tower bridge, death star, etc. I think GE and PS was close to $105, TH was around $125 or so from what I can remember. It was a one time deal though. Maybe it will happen again one day....

I like to diversify in where I put my money so that there is always something going on and sometimes small purchases pay off big. You should be able to make your money back if you wait. For the scale of some of the purchasing I make I don't really expect or hope for any kind of profit or return and that the set is mine for all time. For the amount of profit to be yielded after x amount of time I'm better off getting another job if I really want the money.

The fire brigade's were bought at TRU during an ebay bogo that didn't exclude it, the total came to $112.50, I was able to use some additional discounts and the total for those came to $95. I actually bought several of the pet shops in the fall before I was investing heavily, I saw a deal on woot for $111 on amazon and I snagged 4 then from different accounts, that total actually came down to 104 after discounts. I bought two pet shops on ebay, one was used for $94, the other was new for $115. The last pet shop I bought was an online return that was resold at my local Walmart, it was priced incorrectly but I wasn't about the correct them, that one was $100. As for the Grand emporium, that one has been the toughest by far to get on discount, I mean VERY difficult. I have had to compound a few different offers to get that one for cheap at some different retailers, one of them involved getting a new store credit card, another involved using a few rewards points from a massive purchase my wife made earlier. Lastly, I bought two on Amazon a few weeks ago when it went on sale for $125, it only lasted a few minutes at 2 in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

for the high price that market street is, i seem to think it does not fit in with the other modulars. the interior and the exterior seem to be lacking that "detail" that the other modulars seem to have. can really describe it but it seems most seem to think the way i do when you look at the poll results

• 3 weeks later...

I'll have to go with the Fire Brigade as my favorite. I've only built it and the GG, the newer releases are still in their boxes and the first two where second hand, pre-built. I really enjoyed the build of the FB, especially the interior, plus the fire truck is really neat! Least favorite would be the Market Street. It's small, no interior, and has that weird gated shelter on the side. I do love them all   :homestar:

• Like 1

I voted for the PS. I thought was neat that they included two buildings within one modular set. I also enjoyed building the GE, but I the escalator problem (how do people ride the other direction?) always bothers me. Overall, Market Street is just plain ugly and the worst of the group.

Market Street does look the worst in many ways due in part to being the smallest of them all and based on Dutch style architecture which although was fitting seeing how the designer resided from that part of the world but doesn't quite fit in well with the other builds. The gated arbor on the side didn't exactly contribute and having no interior didn't help either but he (the designer) probably was just following the example of Lego and their Cafe Corner featureless of interior. Despite public opinion, the build itself is technically a modular same as the rest of them.

• 3 months later...

Ever since the news on the Parisian Restaurant, I have been thinking what the next modular building is going to be. My top three guess are a Post Office, Barber Shop, and a modular house. I am wondering what other people think the next modular building it going to be.

While I have no idea what its going to be I must say I would love if LEGO makes a great looking Modular Hospital ...... 

My top wish list:

- Hospital

- A true City market (not Market stree type of market :P)

- Post office

- Block of flats

- Museum

Guest brickcrazyhouse

While I have no idea what its going to be I must say I would love if LEGO makes a great looking Modular Hospital ...... 

My top wish list:

- Hospital

- Post office

- Block of flats

- Museum

what do you mean by a true city market?  I first thought grocery store, but then saw Slovenia and figured I'm probably wrong?

My top wish list:

- Hospital

- Post office

- Block of flats

- Museum

I like the museum idea. It would be a great addition to the modular buildings.