TRU BOGO 50 - February 7-13

@rtisan

The westcoast had it good last night. I hit 12 buy orders at midnight for the Ewok village and already sold 8 to my own customers at $280 each. After taxes came up to around $252. All I did was hit some buttons online. Best part is racking up aeroplan and air miles points.

As for the Arkham asylum, that's tough to stomach when I try to flip this for $185 even during Xmas, it was hard to find buyers and I eventually unloaded 10 for $175 each. The AA is a bag hold right now. I don't like having dead money waiting for discontinuing. This can be had in the US on any blowout sale at $135USD. I still have 3 more that I'm offloading at $175.

I don't trust the set myself but if you are a Star Wars fan you can pick up 2 Hoth Echo Base for approximately $95 US/$110 CDN (after taxes).  Not a bad price for a retired set

It's a good price for sure...but I'm not a huge SW fan and lately selling SW sets is really slow, even if it's retired I personally I don't see too much demand for this set.  Of course I could be wrong.  This would be a nice hold set for down the road but I prefer to use my closet space/funds for other sets.  I'll take my chances with EV even thought it just came out last Sept. 

If there was R2D2 or Death Stars available, I would obviously buy for sure. 

The westcoast had it good last night. I hit 12 buy orders at midnight for the Ewok village and already sold 8 to my own customers at $280 each. After taxes came up to around $252. All I did was hit some buttons online. Best part is racking up aeroplan and air miles points.

Wow, 12 EV is awesome...I don't have the cash flow, risk tolerance or online presence/local client base for that.  But well done on the flips.  Your buyers got a deal too for $280.  I'm going to try selling mine for $300 (retail price) and make a little more margin (local buyers still save +$30 on taxes).   

Wow, 12 EV is awesome...I don't have the cash flow, risk tolerance or online presence/local client base for that.  But well done on the flips.  Your buyers got a deal too for $280.  I'm going to try selling mine for $300 (retail price) and make a little more margin (local buyers still save +$30 on taxes).   

They will replenish the EV later tonight or maybe early next week. TRU always do. Just stay awake and wait for it at midnight pacific time. :)

I saw 4 wolverine choppers last night and I hid them behind the malibu mansion, kind of evil. I will be hitting the store at 9:30 to grab them. I'll need to find a way to sneak into work late without my boss seeing me.

In the meantime, while everyone's hitting on TRU, I've been hammering away on lego's website loading up the simpsons house. Accumulated about 8 right now and offloaded 3. The minifigure movie comes with legoland free entry which is currently flipped for about $20USD, with VIP points and the flip, my cost on the house is about $195CAD tax included. How did I pull it off? My first order, they shipped me a crunched box, not so much crunched, so I took it to the lego store knowing they're out of stock, I wanted to return it and the manager said I can have it for 25% off. So from $229, $50 was taken off, but he didn't take out the VIP points and he even apologized and gave me a monster fighter key chain with the Frankenstein.

Based on investment potential, soon to retire, and price points, the Spiderman cycle chase and arctic batman combined would net the most in the shortest period of time.

Arkham Asylum has 2-3 yrs to go. Better to wait for the black friday sale where they go for about $135USD.

This is the time to load up arctic batman.

Can you mix themes?   eg.   buy one $50 SW set and one $50 city set?

Or does each "pair" for the BOGO have to be within the same theme?

I believe you can mix and match themes. Haven't purchased anything yet but i was playing around with prices in my cart with multiple themes and it seemed to work fine.

The point with the BWing, I called it "junk". It's hard to buy it even at $150USD. I had only 2 and took me 12 months to offload it at $175CAD. Never touching that dog.

I think the issue is that so many loaded up on the May the 4th sale that it is keeping the market at a plateau for the moment.  I think you'll have a lot more success if you can hold out for another year or so and a lot of the sets purchased at heavy discounts are flipped...especially with SW set to inundate us with advertisements for the upcoming films. 

• Like 1

Grabbed my choppers, avg price of $21 a piece, got 4, and saw two Funhouse escapes avg price of $39. Nothing else worth getting at TRU.

The cashier originally said "these weren't on sale," and I had to talk to the manager and said the flyer says all Super Heroes. Just got to work at 10:05am and my manager is busy staring at his computer without noticing my late arrival.

Grabbed my choppers, avg price of $21 a piece, got 4, and saw two Funhouse escapes avg price of $39. Nothing else worth getting at TRU.

The cashier originally said "these weren't on sale," and I had to talk to the manager and said the flyer says all Super Heroes. Just got to work at 10:05am and my manager is busy staring at his computer without noticing my late arrival.

haha, good stuff...lucky.  Looks like a good day for you. 

If I didn't have a decent stock of Arctic already I would stock up now too with this deal.  Not the cheapest but safe bet.  Good bang for your buck anytime <$20 CAN for this set IMO.  3 pretty cool minifigs.         

• Like 1

haha, good stuff...lucky.  Looks like a good day for you. 

If I didn't have a decent stock of Arctic already I would stock up now too with this deal.  Not the cheapest but safe bet.  Good bang for your buck anytime <$20 CAN for this set IMO.  3 pretty cool minifigs.         

Agreed, the arctic set is a sweet deal. I paid around $13.99USD for each of these on the last TRU sale in the US. But seeing this at around $20 after taxes is still a good steal. I don't have many of these but will probably go back to stock up after work. I'm not worried about these getting sold out, worse case, I'll just hit the buy button online. :)

I pity the fools for buying some of the star wars sets listed on TRU CA thinking the buy one get one 50% off is a good deal. Jabba Sail Barge can be had way cheaper. I find it difficult selling my Sail Barge for $110. Listed it for months on Craigslist and not even a single email. The same goes with the gunship. Such sadness has led me to stare at these two wondering if I should just open them and build them. Trying to dump the Millenium Falcon for $140 and the same with that junk. I realized that star wars is quite dead these days. The prices I listed my goods at are cheaper than any TRU bargain and no takers.

Just need to be selective on what to bring in. Some fool emailed me and said "$90 for your falcon, see you later, ok?" I told him, how about I give you $95, you get me 10 falcons.