Fire Brigade UK Ebay price update

As this set is now officially retired I thought I'd start a new thread as the name of the other one is now out of date :)

But moderators if you want to merge, feel free :)

So, this is the set that apparently most people have on their portfolios and the nay sayers were propheting doom and gloom about it's EOL performance.

So below is the Ebay UK price performance since November. Left Column are BNIB listings, the right one are used listings. I think this covers at least 90% of all UK listings for the time period.

Nov-13  102         82

Nov-13                 90

Nov-13                 97

Dec-13  132        107

Dec-13  120        94

Dec-13  99          92

Dec-13  129        111

Dec-13  116        84

Jan-14   162        137

Jan-14   178        115

Jan-14   155        

Jan-14   180        

Jan-14   140        

Feb-14  165         

These price include P&P which BP does not. P&P average for this set is approx

I think a lot of investors that bought really early in the life cycle might be wanting to take some profit/return at this price point.  If I had a slew I might sell a couple now, but I think the really big money is in holding these for at least another year or two.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

One point to note with the GE, it is 32% more expensive RRP than the FB in the UK.

Now this may be a good thing come EOL as less people have them.

Another interesting point to note with the FB, the US price has already synchronised with the UK price.

Guest TabbyBoy

I never saw any FBs in my area MK & Watford. No point in looking further as fuel cosst would outweigh any savings. So I have been buying HDs at

Guest TabbyBoy

Did you do Oxford Street? I was there at the end of December and there was at least twenty of them

No, as there's no way I'm driving into London (I hate it anyway) and I don't fancy taking 20 on the tube! I'm hoping that JL will sell these on their website once unsold ones are returned to the distribution centre. They do sell EOL on their website eg. the Fire Planes I got from Asda at

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder how much FB was *actually* stockpiled.  I read a lot on here of people debating whether or not to bother getting them, because it *may* have been over hoarded after the success of other modulars etc etc but then suddenly, it retired and there was mass panic.  Perhaps there's less out there than we thought!

It will be great to see what happens with GE - I am betting people won't want to be caught out again.  It would be pretty easy to assume a lot of this month's MM orders and next month's 2 x VIP orders will contain a lot of GE's!  Though you know what they say about those who ass-u-me... :P.  Easy money to be made?  Here's hoping!

Well Ed/Jeff have said that the FB is the most common set in people's Brickfolios. But even if "we" have stockpiled them, it's probably no more than a few percent of the total world supply.

Also I doubt that many people here are still buying it for investment purposes. Of course I could be wrong... :)

• 2 weeks later...

There will always be people that will wait till the last minute to get a set thats retiring and try and get the money to buy them, like I keep saying if you can buy one a month, but instead alot of people are out there spending $1000 on clearance stuff that will sit in there closet for years, Everybody should be getting the GE,TB,HH,SSD,DS,Volkswagen Camper. Fire Brigade out for 4 years and so many people never got any. And say you have 30 GE when they do retire you will kick yourself for not having 50 or more.

• Like 5

There will always be people that will wait till the last minute to get a set thats retiring and try and get the money to buy them, like I keep saying if you can buy one a month, but instead alot of people are out there spending $1000 on clearance stuff that will sit in there closet for years, Everybody should be getting the GE,TB,HH,SSD,DS,Volkswagen Camper. Fire Brigade out for 4 years and so many people never got any. And say you have 30 GE when they do retire you will kick yourself for not having 50 or more.

I completely get what you are saying, but I think it is tough for people to to justify buying at full retail (or close with point, promos, etc) versus getting 30-50% off retail, even though the upside is huge on the exclusives/larger sets.