LEGO set not in Target system when scanned

BuckeyeFanDan

Has anyone ever scanned a set at Target and have no price come up for it?  I came across a Lone Ranger Colby CIty Showdown today and that happened to me.  Last week it scanned at 50% off ($24.98) and today no price comes up.  Does anyone know what Target's policy is in regards to this?  I'm not that interested in the set (hence why I passed it up at 50% off last week) but if it is 70% off or better I will take it.

I had this happen to me a handful of times. First, I would try a couple of different price scanners around Target as the one by the toy section seems to get used the most of them all and doesn't always seem to function correctly. If you still can't get a fix that way then you can go up to customer service and tell them you scanned the item but it could not be found in their system. Sometimes when the item is scanned up at the register, they may find it and then quote you the price. However, if even then they still cannot find the item at this point then they should offer it to you for the lowest possible price they can (whatever that is).

Last year I found an Ewok Attack sitting on the shelf in Target and the system couldn't find it; not even customer service. I walked out of there with a $25 set for $5.96. Box was a bit beat up and felt weak but still sealed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This happen to me a few years ago at xmas time, I managed to get "LEGO 6211 Star Wars Lego Imperial Star Destroyer" set for $4 I had a little trouble keeping my cool when they told me the price, I said that would be fine I guess, and immediately paid there at the service desk. She then said she had been the one to accept the return and entered the price that way since it was the only price in the system she could find. I didn't argue and after I finished I went and scanned every lego set in sight to be certain there were not any more to be had.

This happen to me a few years ago at xmas time, I managed to get "LEGO 6211 Star Wars Lego Imperial Star Destroyer" set for $4 I had a little trouble keeping my cool when they told me the price, I said that would be fine I guess, and immediately paid there at the service desk. She then said she had been the one to accept the return and entered the price that way since it was the only price in the system she could find. I didn't argue and after I finished I went and scanned every lego set in sight to be certain there were not any more to be had.

I'm guessing this was sometime after it's EOL? If you don't me asking, what year?

I don't remember exactly it was around 2006 or maybe 2007 we did a Lego xmas one year for my stepson and we were truck drivers at the time and bought every bargain set we could find wherever we stopped, it resulted in about 22 sets (rebricker says it 11000 pieces) plus a handful of bionicles. The star wars set was from our local store, best deal ever, and I steal compare it to a sale price now and grumble a little.

I had no idea when I took the star wars one apart last year it had become a rare one.  

I went into one of our local Targets a few weeks ago looking for their clearance legos but instead I found a heavy taped up Anakin's and Sebulba's Podracers 7962 on the shelf.  Scanned it and there was no price. I was thinking, maybe 40, 30, 20, 5?  I took it to the front cashier but scanned up as $90.  I left it there.