Tower Bridge from WH

Alpinemaps

The other day, Bold-Arrow posted that the Tower Bridge was available on WH, so I pulled the trigger.

It arrived today.  It was clearly opened.  Here's some pictures of the box:

7kKlwPXl.jpg

uNW38sil.jpg

I haven't opened it up yet to inspect.

Looking for general opinion - if the bags are intact, should I keep it?  I'm leaning toward yes.  (Full report coming soon)

What's WH?  Walmart will not do anything if a box is smashed, no discount or otherwise.  If the pieces are open or something missing, they'll do a max of 10%.  Their reasoning is that it's "just a box". 

If I bought a set of what you posted and it was supposed to be new - if it wasn't to be opened, I would totally return it.

I bought a lot of Lego from WH early last year, including Town Hall, Space Shuttle, R2-D2, Tower Bridge, Grand Emporium and so on...  and everything single box they sent was in very good condition.  They were opened boxes but definitely seal bags and complete.

Since last October, I have stopped buying from WH because 5 out of 5 Lego sets that I ordered not only bags were broken, but mini-figures/pieces have been stolen.

I am done with buying Lego from WH, not worth the hassle.   You might have better luck than me though.

Okay, just unpacked everything.  Educated myself online about the contents.  Looks like everything is there, sealed in the bags:  28 bags, 5 water plates, 8 road plates, and one sealed set of instructions.

I believe I'm going to hold onto this one.  Just looking over recent eBay sales, I picked this up for about the same as others have sold for.  Used ones are only a few dollars less.

This is going into the long term investment pile anyway.  I'm sure I'll make something on this.  Even if I open it up, put it together, and sell it used, and lose $25 on the sale, it'll still give me more than $25 worth of enjoyment putting it together.

Bottom line, I think this is a win.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, just unpacked everything. Educated myself online about the contents. Looks like everything is there, sealed in the bags: 28 bags, 5 water plates, 8 road plates, and one sealed set of instructions.

I believe I'm going to hold onto this one. Just looking over recent eBay sales, I picked this up for about the same as others have sold for. Used ones are only a few dollars less.

This is going into the long term investment pile anyway. I'm sure I'll make something on this. Even if I open it up, put it together, and sell it used, and lose $25 on the sale, it'll still give me more than $25 worth of enjoyment putting it together.

Bottom line, I think this is a win.

Thanks for posting the list of contents. Very helpful for us other WH purchasers.
  • Like 1

I bought a lot of Lego from WH early last year, including Town Hall, Space Shuttle, R2-D2, Tower Bridge, Grand Emporium and so on...  and everything single box they sent was in very good condition.  They were opened boxes but definitely seal bags and complete.

Since last October, I have stopped buying from WH because 5 out of 5 Lego sets that I ordered not only bags were broken, but mini-figures/pieces have been stolen.

I am done with buying Lego from WH, not worth the hassle.   You might have better luck than me though.

I had the same issue. Bags opened, mini figures removed and taped back shut. Sometimes missing whole bags or maxi-figures, like Jabba. WH deals are almost always open box. YMMV and really inspect if you buy from WH deals...

Yeah if people didn't know - open box is pretty standard on the Amazon WH. You have to go through every set. I started a while back and I get one every once in a while missing stuff.

I almost guarantee I have at least 1 or 2 that are already packed up like that. Its not worth the refund money to unpack my storage to find them at this point though. 

Check them - but know what you are getting.

You sound good on that TB by the way. Thats what it comes with. Keep it for sure.