10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

So here is a scenario: if everyone starts buying and stocking up on GE, won't TLG notice the sudden increase in demand for GE ? What is stopping them from creating more GEs to fulfill the increasing demand ?

Yes, you and emazers point out the main contradict. I don't think they will lego a product stopped with increasing demand especially in holiday

Probably May/June, guess.

Hearses was clearly a clearance situation (75% off), GE is only OOS WITH an availability date. GE does not even have the "retiring soon" monicker. I am just playing a :devil: 's advocate here ;)

I was certainly joking, comparing hearses and GEs is like comparing apples and aircarriers. But who can elaborate how did the same situation looked like for fire brigade? did it ever get "retired soon" tag? How availability looked like in US at different retailers, comparing to worldwide?

I was certainly joking, comparing hearses and GEs is like comparing apples and aircarriers. But who can elaborate how did the same situation looked like for fire brigade? did it ever get "retired soon" tag? How availability looked like in US at different retailers, comparing to worldwide?

That is a great question. I was wondering the same thing because as the old saying goes "History always repeats itself"

-I don't always going shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-

For those that have GE already, hopefully this is the last stock...panic buying and increased demand for sets at or near 'EOL" is not new for Lego...they forecast an end of production date long before a set retires (I would think). 

I was in a 'mini-dark-ages' from Sept-Dec 2013, the FB didn't have a retiring soon sign right?  Even if there was and demand was huge, Lego didn't produce more.  Sometimes for future gains (rest of modulars line) it's best to end a set to create the buzz/demand moving forward. 

That is a great question. I was wondering the same thing because as the old saying goes "History always repeats itself"

well, there is another old saying (though it is always in tiny fine print) - "past performance is not a guarantee of future results"  :-)

But FB is recent enough to serve as good approximation, not like some cafe corner

I think lego needs all of their customers. Also the investors. If all the investors stop buying the profit of lego will drop. Lego does not want less profit. They want more every year. Less profit is technically a loss. So lego and investors are convicted to eachother.

Am I talking sense here?

I think lego needs all of their customers. Also the investors. If all the investors stop buying the profit of lego will drop. Lego does not want less profit. They want more every year. Less profit is technically a loss. So lego and investors are convicted to eachother.

Am I talking sense here?

Lego Board members:  "Nah... common sense is overrated..."

History always repeats itself, but not Lego. Lego puts the retiring soon tag on a set that retires a year later, but then they retire a set without putting a retiring soon label on it. Lego retires set randomly and I wish there was some sort of reliable pattern to seeing if a set is going to retire.

well, there is another old saying (though it is always in tiny fine print) - "past performance is not a guarantee of future results" :-)

But FB is recent enough to serve as good approximation, not like some cafe corner

Is this some old saying battle now? I'll say this, It has the potential to happen again

History always repeats itself, but not Lego. Lego puts the retiring soon tag on a set that retires a year later, but then they retire a set without putting a retiring soon label on it. Lego retires set randomly and I wish there was some sort of reliable pattern to seeing if a set is going to retire.

So in simpler terms it's like trying to figure out what a drunk guy will do next. Haha

• Like 1

I think Lego puts retiring soon tags on sets that they want to "retire soon"

In regards to the GE, I think they just pumped out their last batch...... I ordered one at the beginning of this month and it shows eta 3/30. So if they have some left at any of their warehouses, I should have gotten one by now.  
The question is:  How big is the batch?

First of all: yes i know, probably i should post this in the "what i heard from a lego store employee today". 

I just talked to two different lego store employees in Austria. (phone call) 

Both of them told me that 10211 is out of stock and they won't get them anymore. I checked the availability of 10211 a few times in the past weeks. None

european amazon site has them on stock. Plus both lego stores in my area are out of stock. 

Maybe 10211 is going EOL sooner as we expected? What do you guys think?

That's what i wrote on march 7.

So that's why i called the lego hotline 3 days ago and they told me that both store employees are right. The won't get any GE's anymore. So it seems that production has stopped. There are not many possibilities to buy a GE in europe right now. Every amazon site is out of stock. John Lewis (UK) has them and LEGO Shop at Home. Same thing to TB. (source: lego hotline)

Now it depends how fast LEGO Shop at Home is running out of stock. LEGO Shop at Home US is again out of stock. (2nd time today?)

I am pretty confident that both, GE and TB are EOL in the next few weeks. (June)  

I bought my last GE's last week. My nerves don't like panic buying  :blink: