7784 - The Batmobile: Ultimate Collectors' Edition

trenty1990

Can any body tell me why this set is the only non starwars ucs ser?

And what would u say a good buying price is for a used one with box and instructions because i want too add one to me collection?

There is also a Cars UCS McQueen. Not much happening with it though.

Ok thanks it is a cool set defantly want one to have on show also that new lotr tower looks good that is going to be a must have is it defanatly a ucs? Do u think they will ever bring out a 4/5000 pices ucs set again? I herd a romour about a large sandcrawler somewere anybody else herd it?

Can any body tell me why this set is the only non starwars ucs ser?

And what would u say a good buying price is for a used one with box and instructions because i want too add one to me collection?

They started UCS with Star Wars because they knew Star Wars fans were the only ones "crazy" enough to buy Lego sets over a $100 price point --- hahaha

As far as adding a used one to your collection, I see Bricklink has a used one for $125...

As far as Lego is concerned, there is no such thing as UCS anymore(hasn't been for a few years now). You won't see that designation on any sets. The Orthanc is not UCS, it is simply an exclusive set, hence the number designation. OP is correct is saying the Batmobile is the only other non-Star Wars UCS set.

• 8 months later...

Couple of different question I'm hoping to get answered.

1. Short of counting every piece in the bags, is there somewhere that can tell me how many bags of lego should be in a set?

2. I know collectors would want the most pristine condition box, but if a set had a battered box but sealed bags, would that sway in favour for that set, say against a great condition box but built model?

3. This all leads to my latest find - an absolutely battered and bruised 7784 Batman UCS Batmobile with sealed bags (minus tyres which are loose). I'm reluctant to put this on ebay yet until I can definitely guarantee that this ay full set in the condition, apart from the box, that it would been. Would the tyres be loose like I found them?

Looking onward to hearing your thoughts!

The set is already very collectable, if there is going to be a UCS tumbler it can only add to this sets appeal as the two will compliment each other, plus, the UCS tumbler if released will probably spur people to want both. if the set is sealed in bags, you can expect people no to be too bothered about the box, but as I say, maybe wait till the UCS tumbler release to see your batmobile hit unprecedented popularity.