Just what exactly is Creator?

stephen_rockefeller

Creator is a LEGO theme which focuses on the creative construction of System parts as opposed to playability functions of minifigures as in most other themes. Yes, trains and all the modulars except for the Market Street are considered part of the Creator series.

Source http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Creator

do all the Creator sets have pictures and labels of all the pieces on the box?

do all the Creator sets have pictures and labels of all the pieces on the box?

Yes, I believe they have always had that feature usually on the top of the box. I must say the Creator series offers much more for everyone now than it did even six years ago. Before 2006, they were very child oriented (simplistic) whereas now they are rather nicely detailed builds and each set is great for oddball parts in various colors. I am seriously collecting these now just for that reason, besides being good builds that is. There are a good amount of pieces available in these Creator sets that I normally have a difficult time trying to find in any other one.

In short, Creator sets are great for MOC'ers.

As for what the general theme is, there really isn't one. Creator sets are basically every other kind of design you wouldn't normally see in any other theme. Like the Log Cabin or Prehistoric Hunters sets. They are kind of the 'odd' ones in the group.

• 1 month later...

I love the creator home sets. I get three at a time to build all versions... What I wonder is about the vehicle sets. Are they the same scale as the minifigures? Or are they larger builds (which is how it appears just looking at the box)? I've never purchased because of my uncertainty.

What I wonder is about the vehicle sets. Are they the same scale as the minifigures? Or are they larger builds (which is how it appears just looking at the box)? I've never purchased because of my uncertainty.

That's a tricky question. Some of the cars, like "Blue Roadster", are built about the size of a minifigure, but they don't quite fit. (With a little redesign they could.) Then you have the larger scale cars, like "Cool Cruiser", that are big enough for a minifig but the size makes the little guy look like a dwarf.

Overall, the vehicles in the CREATOR line are just meant to 'look' the part, but not 'play' the part, in relation to minifigures.

If I have the money to spare or the sets go on sale, I like to buy three of each set to build every design at the same time.

And besides, more parts!

Edit: I thought I should note that this year's "Highway Speedster" looks like it could fit a minifig or two. When I get a chance to pick one up and build it, I'll let you know.