Question for people bought big sets from Walmart.com

allen9917

I was lucky today.

I ordered two HHs at the start of the GC availability.  The first one came smashed up.  HH box was broken open.  The second one came like a Russian nesting doll.  It was in a box, that was in another box.  But it was good to go.

So, I ordered a 3rd, one of the last ones to make it through with the GC still available (it sold out later that day).  It arrived today.  In a box that was perfect sized to the HH box.  Which both thrilled and worried me.  I was thrilled that there was finally box the right size.  But then I was worried about the potential damage.

Fortunately, I was lucky.  The HH box is in pretty good shape.  9/10.  It's not perfect.  There's slight creasing at the top, and a small ding on the side, but it looks like shelf wear, not that someone used their feet to smash it into the box.

I'll be taking the first one (the one that was broken) back to the store tomorrow.

I think I remember someone saying they were given a full refund in cash instead of the gift card. I printed the return slip from Walmart.com for my crane and the price on there is not separated into credit card/gift card. I'm planning on returning it soon, I'll update what happens. That would be the one good thing that could come out of this if I didn't have to screw around with another gift card.

Well I got a pair of GE today, perfect shape in the lego brown box. I wonder if it's a certain warehouse that has the poor shipping practices. I'm in NC and my wm orders all seem to come from NY.

that's odd. I live in baltimore and all my walmart orders come from Ohio. Ohio is closer to you and NY is closer to me. Who knows the logistics of this stuff. It's anyone's guess.

I think I remember someone saying they were given a full refund in cash instead of the gift card. I printed the return slip from Walmart.com for my crane and the price on there is not separated into credit card/gift card. I'm planning on returning it soon, I'll update what happens. That would be the one good thing that could come out of this if I didn't have to screw around with another gift card.

Just an update for those interested. Returned it to a B&M store and they refunded the whole purchase price to my credit card, including for the $30 gift card I used originally. The customer service lady said she wasn't even surprised at how it arrived based on some of the other things she had seen returned lately.

A week and a half ago i ordered a 42009 mobile crane on Walmart . It was 40 dollars off so why not? I got the lego a couple days ago and the lego did not come in a shipping box, they just shipped it as it. The lego box had  a giant whole in it so that you could reach both your hands in the box and take something out. It was absolutely horrendous. The worst part was that all the 42009's were sold out so i just returned for the amount i paid. I got my money back but lost a good deal and I will not be ordering stuff from Walmart anymore.

• 1 month later...

Was your TB shipped from bentonville AR?

Maybe we need to figure out where the poorly shipped sets are coming from.  In NJ, I have never received a poorly wrapped item from Walmart.  Only on one occasion did they send me a package without a shipping box, but the box was huge(non-LEGO), so I didn't expect a shipping box.

• 2 weeks later...