Question for people bought big sets from Walmart.com

allen9917

In defense of Walmart, I just received my two Grand Emporiums in a LEGO  shipping box.  That LEGO shipping box was in a larger Walmart box, filled with plastic bubble spacers.  A pretty good job IMO.

it is random and depends on your luck. More than a year ago, I purchased five fire brigade. Four came in cardboard box (two in each one). Surprisingly, one set came in original lego box (meaning there was no packing, Walmart just shipped out the lego set with label/sticker on it). Of course, the box was severely damaged. I returned the set and Walmart sent out the other one in proper packing.

So, what on earth were they thinking? I don't believe it was missed. It was done carelessly.

I also learned that if order online and pick up at store, they will tape the sticker with your name right on top of the lego box. There is no way to remove it without tearing the print off. I asked them why they needed to do that, the answer was they need to do that in order to make sure it was not misplaced.

So, I always hesitate to purchase from Walmart. And I think it depends on your luck too.

Thanks.

it is random and depends on your luck. More than a year ago, I purchased five fire brigade. Four came in cardboard box (two in each one). Surprisingly, one set came in original lego box (meaning there was no packing, Walmart just shipped out the lego set with label/sticker on it). Of course, the box was severely damaged. I returned the set and Walmart sent out the other one in proper packing.

So, what on earth were they thinking? I don't believe it was missed. It was done carelessly.

I also learned that if order online and pick up at store, they will tape the sticker with your name right on top of the lego box. There is no way to remove it without tearing the print off. I asked them why they needed to do that, the answer was they need to do that in order to make sure it was not misplaced.

So, I always hesitate to purchase from Walmart. And I think it depends on your luck too.

Thanks.

A hair dryer will take those stickers off easily.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have never had a good experience either holding at the store or having it shipped, and i've done this 5 times now, and each time I hope for the best, and always am disappointed when I get things from them..  Everytime, stickers and tears were always all over the boxes.  Buy at your own risk with Walmart.  You might get things cheaper, but you are bound to have creased, tears, and crushed boxes. 

Picking up at the store is the worse, because they throw pickup stickers all over the box and at times wrap them with it.  When you go to take them off, they end up leaving a lot of tears on the box. 

The key is if you can get in in the original Lego shipping box.  IF they don't have to split the Lego case open than you have a much better chance of getting something in good shape.  If they have to open the shipping box then all bets are off.  That is, from my experience, when the sets are beat up.