76017 - Avengers: Captain America vs Hydra

glenbart

Is it ok for lego to release a Nazi figure  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok for Lego to produce a Nazi figure?

• Yes, absolutely
    • No
    • Who cares ?
    • What ever you (they) say, it's part of history
    • I hadn't given it any thought.
    • It doesnt offend me
    • It might offend others
    • Jabba is a saint compared to the Red Skull
    • I think a media circus is possible if there are complaints
    • I think we will hear nothing about it in the media
    • Marvel Lego is baddass
    • The top of the tank doesn't swivel around properley without knocking Red Skull out of his seat, but this set is a winner!
    • That stuff about Jabba's palace was a lot of nonsense
    • I think war is bad, i'm glad we won.

I just got 2 of the above.  I see people parting it out and selling as a complete set.  Which do you think is better?

The vehicule is quite cool (8 wheels !), and redskull is exclusive to that set.

If I would invest in, I would keep it sealed.

edit: I mean, it would be good to part it out if the vehicule were pieces of junk, and nearly unsaleable, so the buyer would be interested to save some money with lower shipping fees (minifigs only). But it's quite fun IMO, and it has some rare green parts. Both figures and vehicule may interest buyers. My two cents.

2nd edit: and of course, it also means less work, ah ah ^^

Edited by biniou

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow... forgot I posted about this back in September.  So I picked up 4 back then at $15, thinking it was a good deal, that it might be an Xmas flip, or might go back up to $20 so at least "I got in at $15".  Well.... it didn't turn into a Xmas gem, and it stayed at $15 ever since.  Looking at my Walmart receipt, I saw I had only a few days left to return them, ... so decided I wanted out, and took them back (please don't send me to the ethics hall of shame).

But now I miss them.  Should I buy them back?

Wow... forgot I posted about this back in September.  So I picked up 4 back then at $15, thinking it was a good deal, that it might be an Xmas flip, or might go back up to $20 so at least "I got in at $15".  Well.... it didn't turn into a Xmas gem, and it stayed at $15 ever since.  Looking at my Walmart receipt, I saw I had only a few days left to return them, ... so decided I wanted out, and took them back (please don't send me to the ethics hall of shame).

But now I miss them.  Should I buy them back?

Some things are better left unsaid.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This set was going about $34 on Amazon for a while. Now plenty of sellers in the $28 range.  Maybe that's because they're available on toysrus.com for $19.99? (I hadn't seen them there before... is that news?) I wonder if I should scoop up five of them with my rewards points... or will the price decline continue? ...will it be another year before this set sees $34 again?

20 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

This set was going about $34 on Amazon for a while. Now plenty of sellers in the $28 range.  Maybe that's because they're available on toysrus.com for $19.99? (I hadn't seen them there before... is that news?) I wonder if I should scoop up five of them with my rewards points... or will the price decline continue? ...will it be another year before this set sees $34 again?

Part of it may also new set with "Iron" skull, the head piece is identical but with a different body.  I have a few of these from Kmart SYW magic but I probably would not bite at RRP.  of course it will depend on what TRU magic you have available.  Its a decent little set and I can see it going up over $40 at christmas.