41015 - Dolphin Cruiser

debbiedoesshoes

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere, I could not find anything.

Does anyone think the Dolphin Cruiser will be hot again for Christmas 2014?  Or will the focus be on a newer item such as the Shopping Center.

Thoughts?

I think this will be gold dust again.  I was selling them last year for

Don't get too enamored with flipping it next years Christmas. It could just magically disappear and then you would wish you kept them. lol.

I got one for my daughter for her birthday.  This thing is awesome.  It's a fantastic build.  Great playability.  My wife had a great time putting it together with the 6 year old.

This set is a real winner, and I agree.  Even if/when it gets replaced, this set should do fantastic after it hits EOL.

I have been wondering about this myself. I sold all of mine during the holidays, and don't regret it one bit. There will be plenty of time to stock up again. My concern is will lego recognize the shortage they had this past holiday season and try to avoid a similar situation in 2014 by producing more friends sets to meet the holiday demand, especially the dolphin cruiser? No matter what, this set will be a big winner once eol, so I guess if the market is saturated during Christmas we will just have to hold them longer. It should be interesting to watch play out.

• Like 1

I have been wondering about this myself. I sold all of mine during the holidays, and don't regret it one bit. There will be plenty of time to stock up again. My concern is will lego recognize the shortage they had this past holiday season and try to avoid a similar situation in 2014 by producing more friends sets to meet the holiday demand, especially the dolphin cruiser? No matter what, this set will be a big winner once eol, so I guess if the market is saturated during Christmas we will just have to hold them longer. It should be interesting to watch play out.

Well, last year they were supposed to keep up better with demand for the Minecraft sets, but didn't.  Well, I guess they were only going for 100% above their MSRP, instead of over 300% above like the previous year and they did seem to be more readily available.  I'm not sure if that was because of good supply, or lesser demand?

Well, last year they were supposed to keep up better with demand for the Minecraft sets, but didn't.  Well, I guess they were only going for 100% above their MSRP, instead of over 300% above like the previous year and they did seem to be more readily available.  I'm not sure if that was because of good supply, or lesser demand?

Good point. Either way I will be happy having more. I don't mind letting my stock "age" like fine wine if that turns out to be the case.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I just weighed two of my dolphin cruisers coz they sounded funny when I shook the box (probably coz of the cruiser - I haven't opened any DC set for building yet so no idea what's inside the box). Anyway, both of them weigh 3.19 lb and 3.2 lb. BP and Brickset listed both these sets as 2.4 lb. Is it normal for the weight to be so off from what is listed? Thanks and appreciate any advice.

p.s. got them from kmart so thought to be more careful - didn't want to get any purple curtains or women's shoes.

Hi,

I just weighed two of my dolphin cruisers coz they sounded funny when I shook the box (probably coz of the cruiser - I haven't opened any DC set for building yet so no idea what's inside the box). Anyway, both of them weigh 3.19 lb and 3.2 lb. BP and Brickset listed both these sets as 2.4 lb. Is it normal for the weight to be so off from what is listed? Thanks and appreciate any advice.

p.s. got them from kmart so thought to be more careful - didn't want to get any purple curtains or women's shoes.

I went onto bricklink.com and found the weight of the set, which is a little over 1400 grams, which converts to about 3.12 lbs.

• Like 1